Chapter 3- Decision

We're in the lounge area, Sam's talking to Rhodey, "Secretary Ross has a congressional Medal of Honor Sam, which is one more than you have," "So say we sign this thing, how long before they loJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" "117 countries want to sign this Sam, 117, and you're just like, no, I'm good," "How long are you gonna play both sides?" Vision says, "I have an equation," "Oh, this'll clear it up," "In the 9 and a half years since Mr Parker became Spider-Man, the number of known enhanced persons have grown exponentially, and during the same period, a potential of world ending events have risen," Steve asks, "Are you saying it's our fault?" "I'm saying there may be a causality, our very strength incites challenge, challenge insights conflict, conflict breathes catastrophe, oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand," Rhodey says, "Boom." Mom says, "Tony, Peter, you're being very non hyperbole," Cap says, "It's cause they've already made up their minds," I say, "Yeah, I have Steve, Ross made a good point, when he showed me that clip of Maximum Venom crisis, I made up my mind, I was the reason Venom came back and that entire invasion even started, we need boundaries, we need to be put in check," Tony says, "You know me so well, I'm actually just nursing an electromagnetic headache, that's what's going on Cap, just pain, discomfort," he pulls up a picture of a guy, "Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way, great kid, had an engineering degree, 3.6 gpa, four level gig, intel planners for the fall, but first he wanted to out a few miles under his belt, wanted to see the world before he parked it behind a desk, he didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would've done, Paris or Amsterdam, sounds fun, he wanted to build sustainable houses, guess where, Sokovia, he wanted to make a difference I suppose, wouldn't know, cause we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass. There's no decision making process here, like Peter said, we need to be put in check, whatever form that takes, I'm game, if we can't accept limitations, we're no better than the bad guys," Steve says, "If someone dies on your watch, you don't give up, we are giving up if we don't take responsibility for our actions, you of all people should understand that Peter," I nod, "And I do, my Uncle was one of the main reasons I became Spider-Man, 'with great power comes great responsibility,' we all have great power here to do anything we want, me especially, he was the reason I fight for the people of New York also, the little people as well, but even if I was on your side Cap, I can't abandon New York, they need me, they depend on me, it has been my responsibility for nearly 10 years, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon." Tony says, "When I found out my weapons were being used for evil, I stopped," Steve says, "Tony, you chose to do that, if we sign, then we surrender our right to choose, we may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own," Tony says, "If we don't so this now, it's gonna be down to us later, that won't be pretty," Wanda asks, "You're saying they'll come for me?" I say, "We'll protect you," she smiles, mom says, "Maybe Peter and Tony are right, if we have one hand on the wheel, we can still steer, take it off-," Sam asks, "Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her ass a few years ago?" "I'm just-, I'm reading the terrain, we made some very public mistakes, we need to earn their trust back," Steve gets a text, "I have to go," he walks out.