Chapter 6- Goblin Fears

After about half an hour, mom still isn't home, "Where is she?" My phone rings and she calls me, I smile and answer it, "Hey mom, where are-," "Peter Parker," my blood freezes, "Goblin, where is she?" "Never did I ever think a 7 year old would be Spider-Man, you really are superior," "Where. Is. She?" "QueensBorough Bridge, five minutes," he hangs up, I quickly get on my old suit and swing out to the bridge as fast as possible. I swing and land on a beam in front of them, I see Goblin, but he's different, he's taller and bigger, covered in black ooze and some green, 'The symbiote?" I see him holding mom with one hand off of the bridge and a tramway full of children with the other, "Spider-Man! This is why only fools are heroes, because you never know when a lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice, let die the woman you love, or suffer the little children," they scream at me for help, "Make your choice Spider-Man, and see how a hero is rewarded," "Don't do it Goblin!" "We are who we choose to be!" He drops them both and I immediately go for mom, catch her, "Hold on!" She does so as I swing under the bridge and catch the cord of the tramway, I see a boat incoming, "We're gonna bring the boat right under you!" We look up to see Goblin riding on his glider, "He's coming back!" I look at her, "Can you climb down?" She nods, "Yeah," she starts climbing down. I sense something and Goblin punches me hard in the face, I nearly let go of the cord but keep hold to it, then he comes up and uppercuts me, "I hope this works!" I look down, "Hang on!" She nods and I throw the tramway up, kick him in the face off his glider, then shoot another web and catch the cord again, "Yes!" He recovers and hovers on his glider in front of me, "It's time to die!" He gets out a sword and I yelp, he flies at me but something hits him in the head and makes him veer off course, we look up to see people in the bridge throwing stuff at him, "Come on up here tough guy!" "You're gonna mess with a guy trying to save a bunch of kids!" "You mess with Spidey, you mess with New York!" I smile, "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!" I put the tramway down, "Thank God," "Look out!" I look to see Goblin grab my face and fly me into the city, I try to escape but he punches me very hard, bounce off a rooftop, hit an a/c vent, then crash down in a construction site, "Ugh, that...sucked," I see a bomb and it explodes in my face, sending me even farther back. I notice that most of my mask is blown up and there are rips and tears along my costume, good thing I heal fast, he lands off his glider, "Misery misery misery, that's what you chosen, I offered you friendship, and you spat in my face!" He punches at me, I dodge a weave through them but he grabs my ankle and crushes it, I scream in pain and he slams me down a few times before pushing me away, "Double ow," I slowly get up again and he kicks me off the site, shoots a web at me and punches me down, then throws me away again. I try to shoot a web but he steps on my wrist, "You've spun your last web Spider-Man, have you not been so selfish your mom's death would have been quick and painless, but now that you've really pissed me off, I'm gonna finish her, nice and slow," he makes a sword, "Natasha and I, we're gonna have a hell of a time," I glare at him and get an idea, 'Sound, that's it,' I stand up, anger and electricity coursing through me, I flip over and stop pushing so his sword goes into the wall, jump off of him and shoot a web at a bunch of pipes and pull, making a loud sound and the symbiote screeches in pain, I smile and get one off the ground, shoot a web to pull him away from the wall and make a trap to finish off the symbiote, then I hit them together a few times and the symbiote opens up to reveal Goblin, I shoot a web at him, pull and punch him hard in the face his mask powered by venom blast, his cracks a bit, then I throw him away and get a goblin bomb out from his glider and throw it in there, the symbiote is destroyed, "One problem down, one to go," he slowly gets up and I lay it on him by punching and punching him, not showing signs of slowing down, I go to punch him one more time, this time at my strongest powered by all of my venom blast when he raises a hand, "Peter, it's me, stop, stop, it's me," he takes off his mask, "Norman?" "Peter, thank God for you," "You killed those people on that balcony," "The Goblin killed, I had nothing to do with it, don't let him take me again, protect me," "You tried to kill mom," "But not you, I tried to stop it, I couldn't stop it, I would never hurt you, I knew from the beginning, if anything would happen to me, it was you that I could count on, you Peter Parker, would save me, and so you have, give me your hand, Believe in me, as I've believed in you, I've been like a father to you, be like a son to me now," "I already have a father, his name was Ben Parker," "Then Godspeed Spider-Man," I backflip over his glider and it goes into him, he coughs up blood, "Don't tell Harry," he dies. "I'm sorry Harry," I look around and see a piece of the symbiote left, "Time to crush this thing once and for all," I get an idea, "This may be a stupid idea that will result in death, but it'll give me a major upgrade," I put it in a test tube and pocket it, then pick up Norman and swing off. I put him down on a chair in his place, Harry sees, "Dad?" He looks at me with hate, I look at him with sadness, he goes for a cabinet and I vanish back home. Later on, me and mom are at Norman's funeral with Harry, after we leave, I vaguely hear him say, "Don't worry dad, I'm gonna take from him what he took from you," my eyes widen a bit and we keep walking, one thing's for sure, I can never let Harry know I'm Spider-Man. The next day, I look at the piece of Venom in the test tube, "Well, here goes everything," I get to work using my chemistry set.