14

─────────────────────
☾ ! ANTI-ROMANTIC ! ☽
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
just because i don't show it
doesn't mean i don't feel it
anon
─────────────────────

Sunday, 8 May 2022
(day 18)

IT'S NOT QUIET AS THEY BOTH THOUGHT IT would be on the ride to the park. Goeun connects her phone to the car's Bluetooth, pressing play on her 'chill' playlist. It's a mixture of songs of every language. At first, it was quiet, neither of them wanting to sing along but five minutes into the drive and Heeseung is belting out Olivia Rodrigo's Driver's License as if he also just got his heart broken which in turn made Goeun join in too.

The noise in the car quietens down as Heeseung pulls into the car park. He shuts the car off, getting out and walking to the boot. Goeun also does the same, slamming the door behind her.

"Woah, easy there, Tigress. You don't need to break my car door," Heeseung makes a comment as he waits for the boot to open up. "And besides, it's not even my car and I do not want to be paying to get it repaired."

"Right. Sorry." Goeun quickly apologises, realising her mistake. "Want any help with that?"

   She gestures to the basket that Heeseung takes out but he shakes his head as a no. He also picks up a jacket which he throws over the basket handle. He waits for the boot to close before pressing a pad on his key to lock the car. He joins her side soon enough.

"Where do you want to sit?" He asks her as they enter the large green area. "In the shade or in the sun?"

"Shade. How about that tree all the way over there?" Goeun suggests, pointing at a large oak tree close to the water. "Unless, you want to be near the 'sand',"

   Heeseung laughs in a mocking tone, bumping her gently. She pretends to lose her footing and scrambles around in the grass, trying to pull herself together. She hears Heeseung laugh again; a sound she has become accustomed to hear, a sound she wanted to keep hearing again and again, a sound that reverberated in every part of her body as if it were calling out to something. She didn't like how her had made her feel.

It takes them a few minutes to walk up to the tree but it was definitely worth it. The shade under the tree is cool yet so warm. The leaves canopied around most of the grass around itself, leaving no sunlight to pass through any cracks between the branches. Heeseung places the basket on the grass by the stump, taking out a small picnic basket from under the first latch.

"How long have you been planning this?" Goeun asks her fake boyfriend, eyes signalling the basket and the blanket. "There's no way you thought of this this morning and managed to get everything together."

"Surprisingly, your mind works a lot better when you have a set goal in mind. My goal was to make you have the greatest—," Heeseung begins but pauses and it's as if he was on the television and someone had pressed the stop button. "As I was saying, my goal was to make sure you have the greatest food from any picnic that you have ever been to so my mind worked wonders."

Goeun doesn't question what he's saying, helping him out to lay out the blanket on the cool grass patch. She places her bag in one corner so that it doesn't fold in with the wind and seats herself in another corner. Heeseung takes out a few bento boxes full of different foods.