13

─────────────────────
☾ ! ANTI-ROMANTIC ! ☽
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
i'm bad with words, i hope
you're good in reading eyes
anon
─────────────────────

Saturday, 7 May 2022
(day 18)

   HEESEUNG LIFTS GOEUN UP SO THAT SHE is straddling his thighs. For a moment as he was lifting her up, there was a nagging feeling in Goeun's heart telling her to stop and pull away but she couldn't. She was losing herself in his starlit eyes and cedar wood perfume.

He leans forward and pecks her lips, asking for permission again which she grants because there was a not a single part of her that could say no. While one of her hands cup his jaw, the other goes around his neck to play with the hair on the nape of his neck. He holds onto her throat, thumbs grazing up and down her heated skin.

His lips travel down to her neck, peppering the distance between her lips and neck with butterfly kisses. A sigh escapes Goeun's lips before she can stop herself. She feels him smile against her skin which makes her quickly pull away.

It was a bad idea, Han Goeun, her brain scolds her as she stumbles off his lips and to the seat across him, refusing to make eye contact with the guy she just kissed. Her skin is heating up in a way it has never done before and suddenly, she is no longer needing his jacket to keep her warm, her heated skin doing the job for her. She takes it off and holds it in her hands, fidgeting with the zip so she doesn't have to make a conversation.

Heeseung reaches down and picks up what Goeun knows is her phone. She completely forgot about it. When he hands it to her, she grabs it out of his hands, her fingers quick to press the record button again to make it stop recording.

   "Let's, uhm, forget this happened," Goeun is quick to say when the silence becomes unbearable. "Or we can just break up right now and we don't have to see other again."

   She had three options: own it like the grown-up woman she was, ignore this had just happened and be a total chickenshit, or break up with him and never talk to him again. As much as it was a cowardly thing to do, Goeun just wanted to run away. She didn't want to work her way around it because she knows she will not be able to control her treacherous heart. Her heart, although was in her body and she had full control of it, did not listen to a single word of her brain.

   "What happened?"

   Heeseung's answer lifts Goeun's head up to meet his gaze. That was one of the best things about him. He didn't try to make it more awkward than it needed it to be. He was a great actor and Goeun admired that greatly about him.

   They don't talk much after the fiasco, Goeun silently praying for the ferris wheel to move faster so that she can get off. Just as she has counted to three thousand and sixty nine, the door of thei cart flies open, Goeun the first to exit.

   She doesn't wait up for her boyfriend, fast walking ahead but his long legs soon catch up to her, an arm flinging around her shoulder. If she wants them to go back being normal, she shouldn't care about his arm around her; he does that all the time, even though it's a violation of their contact. Only this time, her heart is hammering out of control and a kaleidoscope of butterflies are fluttering their wings around every nerve of her body.

   She should not have kissed him back if she knew this was how it was going to be.