15

─────────────────────
☾ ! ANTI-ROMANTIC ! ☽
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
i just want to be happy, not confused,
not hurt, not stressed. just happy
anon
─────────────────────

Sunday, 8 May 2022
(day 18)

STILL SHOCKED AT WHAT HE DID, GOEUN tries to brush it off by quickly taking a bite of the cake but it gets stuck in her throat. Great! Not this again! She scolds her brain, reaching out for Heeseung's apply juice. He hands it to her without a second thought, his hands once again gently tapping her naked back.

"You can stop now," Goeun says in between coughs, nudging him away from her. "Let's—,"

She's cut off by a single drop of water on her heated skin. She looks up to see the sky through the canopied leaves but the sun is still shining brightly overhead. Another drop of water but this time on the cover of the book she had placed on the blanket. Before she could even think of telling Heeseung, drops of water are pelting down onto the picnic area, even through the thick leaves of the oak that hung over them like an umbrella. A sunshower.

   "What. The. Fuck?" Heeseung questions, pausing in between words, standing up from where he was sat. "It's raining? While the sun is still high in the sky?"

   "It's called a sunshower, idiot." Goeun remarks, quickly beginning to gather everything up from the blanket. "Put the books in first, so they don't get wet, then pack the food. Make sure to wrap the books with the bag first."

   "Your loyalties are wavering, My Lady," Heeseung comments, wrapping the book with the bag as Goeun had instructed. "You seem to care more about the book than the abundance of food in front of you."

"It's because—I—Wait—Uhm—So—," Goeun fumbles around, trying to find the right answer but nothing was coming to mind.

"Cat got your tongue?"

Instead of answering him back, Goeun flips her middle finger at him before helping him quickly put the food back inside the basket. Surprisingly, there seems to be more food than there was when Heeseung splayed them out on the ground. How can there be more food when they are so much of it already?

The rain seems to be having a field day. Goeun watches as everyone around the park is scrambling to gather their things to leave for the comfort of their cars. Goeun loves the rain; it's, in fact, her favourite weather but not when it had not predicted for it. She was not dressed for rain that is pelting down against them.

Her satin dress was not doing much covering her body. The rain has made it so that the dress is stuck around every curve of her body as if it's moulding against her skin and she feels naked at the thought of it. Her usually white AirForces were a footstep away from being drenched in mud.

"Ready to make a run for the car, My Lady?" Heeseung asks, extending his left arm for her to hold. "Unless you want to stay in the rain for a little longer."

Goeun opens her mouth to ask if he's out of his mind but shuts it just as fast as she had opened it. Dancing in the rain with her significant other has been a lifelong dream of Goeun but she doesn't want to do that with Heeseung. He is not her significant other but the idea of the rain dancing around them as they sway in it seems so perfect that she can't help but agree to.

"Let's dance in the rain," Goeun says, holding onto his hand, her attention to him rather than the shower overhead. "Just for a little while. Then we'll go."