The Plan

I almost jump off the bed when my phone buzzes two minutes after I sent the text.

Ok.

What? Just ok? I refresh the messaging app, hoping that message was still loading and will be updated with more words.

But it's still only an Ok.

How would this thing work? Shouldn't he ask me something, anything?! So I would need to reply to him, anything, I just need an excuse.

Unexpectedly, in less than a minute, another text message comes in. Him.

Why did you change your number?

So he tried to call me before, huh? He put his number in my phone when he had it with him that day, on that epic day. It was clear that he also saved mine, that he was able to call me the next day, offering a ride back from the hospital that caused another trending online.

I can handle social media notifications on my phone, it's easy with just one turn-off notification button. But not from people in my real life, who knows my number before last week. It's like I can't find peace anymore, with text messages and calls from old friends and relatives. As suggested by Chae Yoon, I changed my number so only a few people can reach me.

-This new one is only for family and close friends.

-Was someone harassing you? Are you ok?

-I'm fine. I just need a break from people, no biggie.

-So this number doesn't accept a coffee order?

-Haha. You can, but sorry, no delivery service available.

-I'd like two cups of latte, will pick up the order tomorrow after the shop close.

What is it? Is he going to stop by?

-You said you want to talk about us. What is it?

-Better not doing it over text, or do you mind if I call you now, Miss Yoon?

I think it's kinda inappropriate hour to talk with a man who isn't even a close friend or family. This seems like going to be a quite long call, and I don't want to give him the wrong message. I mean, yes he is barely a stranger to me but I can't stop thinking about him.

I'm pretty sure that's the entire idea behind love. But we're not heading that way. Not now,  not this soon. I need to convince myself that I don't want it, even if in a split second, I do.

Hell, I even have my number changed but still, I text him mine!

So I reply, I'll see you tomorrow.

-Counting down 20 hours more to go.

Great. What a text to keep thinking about him all night. While everyone else hears nothing this night, the loud heartbeat from this heart you excite will be my lullaby.

So I decided to reply to him, -Oh, please.

-How's your day?

-It's great. We got everything sold out.

-That's good. But I was asking about you.

-Tired, I barely had time to eat, but it's a good day for business. You?

-Things are going well, and we'll launch the new game this weekend. I need your help with it.

-Me? I don't play games. But my brother does. Maybe he can help.