The Lucky Break

Last night was the new AR game launching event, and to call it a success was absolutely an understatement. It hit the jackpot. J-One's event was originally about launching the AR game, and last night they were flooded with online orders for the smart gaming lenses twice their target.

As for the charity auction itself, it was an easy drive up for the special weapon J-One created exclusively for the guests which all revenues would go to orphanages.

I remember a line he said as he was closing his speech, "making a lot of money and spending it on yourself is not a lot of fun."

It's heartwarming.

Jin Woo looked very happy the entire event, and I knew it because eventually, I didn't leave early. He offered me for it, though, after he was done with his speech.

He went straight to our table, reaching for my hand as he smiled, "Come on, I'll take you home."

"Are you- no, no, you can't. Look, we're the host and we have VIP guests here. We haven't- I mean, you haven't personally welcomed them all yet."

He chuckled the moment I realized I was using 'we' instead of 'you' as if I was part of the host.

"I know, but it's J-One's event and other executives can do that for me. On a side note, you're definitely stealing the show, so people are curious, and I just...well, I don't feel like making an excuse about your absence for each small talk that I need to go through tonight, on repeat."

"Then don't. I don't mind sticking around for a bit longer. Isn't that what girlfriends do?"

He smiled in amazement, "are you sure about wasting my time with me here?"

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted. But only if you'll have me, Mr. Yoo."

"You know that I like that idea, Miss Yoon. I like it a lot."

***

Just today, the day after that night, I wake up with a happy, wonderful feeling. Not only because of last night, but something good for Deja Brew coming from someone else. One of Min Tae Gu's business partners owns a building not far from our existing location. He says over the phone that there is a commercial space available for lease, with a way more affordable rental fee than the one at J-One- because frankly, it's the owner himself who wants us to move there.

A customer, perhaps?

Ha Chae Yoon gives me a ride to meet Tae Gu and his friend at the mentioned location, where Seung Ho will also meet us there.

"I saw pictures circulating online from last night," she clears her throat. "You should just start a career as an actor, you know."

I laugh dryly, "it is likewise for you, Chae Yoon. You acted like you knew nothing yesterday in front of your boyfriend."

"You're welcome," she giggles. "but you enjoyed last night, didn't you Jin Ah?"

"I'd be lying if I say I didn't. Yes, it was a profit-oriented project- the AR game, but give Jin Woo the credits for his good intention on the auction. It's for charity."

"Was it your idea?" she glances suspiciously.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because this morning Tae Gu told me that there was a good sum donation from given for the orphanage where he spent his childhood, and they called to thank him."

"Miss Cho from the orphanage? oh, it's been a long time since we visited it. Tae Gu is really something. Anyone can call him a mafia but he has a golden heart. What did he do this time? Brought a fast food truck for the children? Ahhh I've been very busy, way too busy that I missed it!"