The Amigo

A long, big sigh of Ha Chae Yoon, with an impatient tone, obviously. "Going to Spain, like what?"

I stare at her dumbfoundedly, though I feel like I know what's going on here. "What, what? What is it with you?"

"Yoon Jin Ah, are you fifteen, or so damn clueless that Yoo Jin Woo is just looking for spending time with you, away from everyone who knows you two, cause you two are blowing the internet!"

As much as I want to believe that it's true, for now, I choose not to admit it. "Might be, but I rather see it as part of doing business."

"Coffee bean in Spain? Oh, who does even know that Europe grows coffee beans? The universe gives him the opportunity just like that!"

I observe my best friend's reaction, "are you disapproving of it?"

She shakes her head, "you're a big girl.. just...don't fall for his charm if you're unsure about his motive. Should I remind you where you two met the first time?"

Yeah, in a nightclub, I was mistakenly thought of as a professional adult entertainer.

"He was trying to get under your skirt...and who knows about this time?" she sighs. "But once again, you're a big girl, Jin Ah."

I smile, "I love you but stay away from my...bedroom business, will ya?"

***

So here I am, in Granada. As promised, Yoo Jin Woo himself picks me up at the train station. I see him out from an alabaster silver Harrier, dressed in a beige color coat and brown shoes. His style is relaxed, but it screams a mature European businessman.

"Yoon Jin Ah!" he waves his hand at me.

Don't forget, that dimpled smile...

"Thanks for picking me up," I bow formally.

He chuckles, "I invited you here, I hope you had a nice flight. How's the train ride?"

"All good... I slept the whole train ride, I was just sleepy."

"Ah, that's the jet lag.. you'll be fine."

"Will I be awake all night?"

"Try to sleep," he glances at me, taking over the luggage from my hand and loading it into the car. "But if you can't, let me know, I'll come to your room and accompany you."

What...?

"Granada night tour, perhaps?" he adds.

Oh.

"Wait, I haven't booked any room, Jin Woo."

"Didn't I tell you that you'll stay with me? it's a suite type."

Suite?

"Two bedrooms."

He chuckles, and so do I, dryly. "Do you mind? I think it's safer."

"It is perfect. Thank you for the hospitality."

"My assistant has arranged meetings with the potential suppliers. Well, we only found two. But I say you check on their beans, taste the coffee, and take your time to think, don't make any quick decisions."

"Your assistant? I hope he- or she - can speak Spanish because I can't."

"He can't, and he has left Spain this morning, back to South Korea."

"What?"

"I can speak Spain," with a smug smile on his face.

"But-"

"and I'm here, Miss Yoon."

Okay, that's smooth.

"You can't just...leave me with these bean suppliers and,... I mean, what am I going to do?"