Chapter Four: The Anderson's Case.

Meredith's POV:

I left the cafeteria quickly as I can, I couldn't stay in there, People were talking shit about me and I didn't want my boss to witness me sobbing like a child, I am actually used to be in an environment where you're not appreciated, I just didn't know it would also happen at work.

Growing up My mother would ignore me, she would come home and then go back to work, I didn't experience being cuddled or even a bedtime story, I was never tucked in bed by my mother and I sure did not have a bond with her, My father on the other hand left me when I was four, so I only remembered him as the guy who poured me cereal.

But now it's hard to work with the pain, I was at work and I had to control my emotions, I am a doctor, I wouldn't want to be a patient, So I had to get my shit together and work.

Hours have passed and I kept on checking Mrs. Anderson, I was lucky enough to not cross with Dr. Montgomery, I haven't talked to her after the cafeteria thing, So I didn't know what to say.

After 16 Hours, Mrs. Anderson and the baby finally had a stable vital signs, but that meant I had to page Dr. Montgomery, But I had to.

After paging her, within 5 mins, She was already here, She shot me a smile once she entered the room.

"Mrs. Anderson, It's time.. Let's get you to the O.R" Addison informed the patient.

"Thank you so much, Please tell me I'll get to hold her, Tell me we're gonna survive this." Mrs. Anderson looked Addison in the eyes.

"You'll raise a beautiful baby girl." Addison held the patient's hand and gave her a smile.

We prepped Mrs. Anderson and brought her to the Operating Room.

"Grey, You're scrubbing in." Addison ordered me.

"I- Thank you Dr. Shepherd" I scrubbed in with her.

The surgery didn't take long, it took us about 2 hours to get the little angel out.

"She's out, Here's your little princess, Mrs. Anderson" Addison handed me the baby.

We had to clean her up and tube her, she was just 24 weeks old, so she still couldn't breath on her own, but she was such a strong baby.

"Do we have a name?" Addison asked the mother.

"Athena Grace Anderson Jones" She was tearing up upon seeing Athena.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." Addison made her way to the newborn and checked up on her.

Addison ordered them to deliver the baby to nicu and close up Mrs Anderson And we both scrubbed out.

"That was beautiful" I say looking at her.

"You did a great job there Grey." She turned to see me, Where Grey eyes meets blue.

"Thank you Dr. Montgomery Shepherd." I left the scrub room and went to check the baby in nicu.

The small talk between me and Addison was pure and I never felt more relieved, She was calm and she's this woman who I'd love to get to know more.

After a few steps, I got to the NICU and there I saw a gorgeous loving little angel.

"Athena" I say holding her hand, she had a strong grip and wouldn't let go of my pinky.

Athena was a premature baby, We were unsure if she's gonna make it, but after seeing her I know for sure that she is. She is a fighter and I know that she'll be a perfect little girl.

A few moments later, Addison came to see her.

"Hey there, little angel." She coos at the baby, she listened to her heart beat.

"How is she doing?" I asked her.

"She's gonna make it, We're gonna make sure that she does." She held the baby's hand and I took her in my arms, being intubated is already worse, I wouldn't want her lying there alone.

"Looks like you're good with babies, siblings?" Addison turned to ask me.

"uhm- Noo I-" I stutter. "I'm an only child, My father left when I was six and I pretty much didn't have a good relationship with my mom." I answered her looking down at Athena while swinging her.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." She apologized to me. I could see that she felt bad.

"Don't worry, It's okay I'm used to it." We stared at each other and somehow I could feel a connection between the two of us, something from her comforts me. I placed athena back in her incubator and turned to back to Addison.

"I better go and check on Mrs. Anderson and maybe you could try Alex for your service tomorrow?" She looked confused when I offered my spot to Alex.

"Sure, I mean I could use to teach another intern right?" Glancing at me before I leave the room.

I wanted to stay with her but I wanted to do something tomorrow and I couldn't let that thing affect me, I wish I'm ready for tomorrow, I know that this thing would be big for me, But I had to at least try for my own peace... I was going to see Tatcher.