CHAPTER SEVEN: Letting you know I'm here for you.

~~
After a whole week of recovery Dr. Bailey informed Meredith that she will still have to stay at the hospital for a few more days so that they could monitor her closely, Post op infections are still at risk and they wouldn't want her to travel a 30 mins ride to get herself checked out once she feels something off in her wounds or body.

Addison had been receiving patients the past couple of days so she wasn't able to visit Meredith after the emotional encounter last time they met..The moment let Meredith wonder why Addison cared about her so much, That made her want to know her more and be friends with her.

Addison's POV:
It's monday morning and I had just finished preparing for work at Derek's stupid small trailer, We figured that maybe we could try to sort things out, so I extended my stay in seattle to try and fix things with him, after all he's still my husband. I wouldn't want to throw our marriage just like that.

"Morning" Derek smiled and kissed my temple before heading down back at the kitchen to cook his disgusting slimey trout, outside the trailer is a lake and for all it's worth, Derek loved fishing.

"What is that?" I asked him with disgust on my face, I always hated the trailer and this camping life.

"Breakfast" He replied happily, I swear I could feel the vomit up on my throat but I refused his trout and took my keys to go to work, I kissed him before leaving and immediately took off.

Meredith's POV:
I was feeling a whole lot better than the first couple of days, The pain kind of already went away, but I still feel sharp pain at the side of my abdomen, but Bailey said that it's gonna go away once the incision is fully healed.

It's been a week and Addison hasn't come to visit me yet, although she doesn't have to, but I really just wanted to thank her for taking care of me.

"Rounds! Dr. yang present" Dr. Bailey came in my room with a bunch of interns hovering behind her.

"Meredith Grey, Post op, Had just been in a surgery with a hematoma and ruptured abdomen, Scans came back clean, Vital signs and Bp are stable for the past couple of days." Cristina moved back and closed my chart, Bailey came to the side of my bed to check my incisions.

"Is Dr. Montgomery on call today?" I asked her out of the blue, She gave me her judgement stare that Intimidated me.

"Are you pregnant?" She asked with one eyebrow lifting at me and my eyes widened with the question.

"No! I'm not!" I screamed with annoyance because of her question, she laughed at me and patted my shoulder.

"She is, She's currently in surgery" Bailey gave me a smirk and left the room with her interns

I was lying in my uncomfy bed and can't help but wish Addie comes by and visits me. I decided that I want to be friends with her and I'd want to know her more, I decided to sleep again since it was still early in the morning and I don't like to eat the tastless food of the hospital.

~~
Addison had just finished her surgery and decided to pay Meredith a visit, she took of her bloody gown and gloves and went to scrub, She was feeling unsteady while scrubbing, she keeps thinking how Meredith will react once she sees her.

Addison arrived at Meredith's room and found a sleeping Meredith, She leaned at the door frame and stared at the sleeping blonde, Her face was small and her cheeks were filled with rosy color, Addison blushed at the sight of the intern.

*How can someone be this pretty while sleeping? She thinks to herself, A few minutes of admiring the intern, She shrugged it off, She couldn't bare to admire her husband's ex girlfriend, but somehow it turned out like that in that moment.

"Hey my savior" A sleepy voice snapped Addison from her fantasies and immediately went from looking down to staring at the smirking blonde.

"Hey, I'm sorry did I wake you up?" Addison walked towards Meredith and placed her hand on the rack of the bed.

"No, It's fine" Meredith fixed herself and Addie helped her get comfy.

Meredith signaled Addie to sit on the chair beside hed and Addison immediately followed her and went to sit down..As soon as Addie sat down Meredith took her hands and placed it in her own.

"Thank you" She looked deep into Addison's blue eyes and gave her a smile.

"For what?" Addison asked her confused to what she was thankful for.

"You gave all the effort to save me, Cristina told me, I- Thank you Addison." She deepened her voice making Addison shiver at the tone.

Addison squeezed Meredith's hand and they stayed there for a a couple of minutes staring at each other, It was silent, but it was a good silent, It's the kind of silent where you're enjoying the peace and relaxing at the moment.

They both could see all the happiness and clouds at each other's eyes, They didn't exactly knew each other yet, but they felt a connection between the two of them.

"So, How are you?" Addison broke the silence and started asking Meredith.

"Bailey says I'm doing better, Maybe just a few more days and I'm out of here." Meredith replied.

"That's good to know, I'm glad you're doing better." Addison seemed relief at the news and was more calmed upon receiving it.

"Why were you there?" Addison blurted out the question making Meredith stiffen up her body.

"what do you mean?" She tried to hide from Addison's stare, She knew what she meant but didn't say a word back to the redhead.

"You were found at the other side of seattle, Why were you driving out there?" Addison didn't seem to be dropping the topic out just yet, Meredith sighed.

"My father" Meredith answered, she looked down at her lap and began to play with ther fingernails.

"I thought?" Addison waited for an answer from the blonde.

"Yes, He left..But I felt like meeting him and I think it was the wrong idea, I mean look at me now." Addison took two of her fingers and lifted Meredith's chin making her look into Grey eyes filled with clouds and storms.

"I'm here for you, I know you think I'm satan, but I'll be here for you, I'm ready to listen, I'm your friend." Addison held Meredith's hand tightly and tucked in the blonde's strand behind her ears, The movement made Meredith feel butterflies in her stomach.

"I don't think your satan Addie." They're eyes both widened upon hearing how Meredith called Addison.

"I am so sorry Addison." She added panicking, Addison just laughed at her.

"That's okay, I like it better when you call me that." Addison smirked and Meredith smiled back.

They catched up and spent an hour together when Addison's pager went off.

"Guess that's my call, I'll come by again." Addison stood up and shot the blonde a look before heading out the room.

Meredith was left feeling butterflies all over her, She was shocked when Addison assured her that she would be visiting again, The redhead's promises made her blush, She felt confused, She didn't know what she was feeling and made herself believe that it was just a stupid crush and nothing more.

Hey Guys! Here's another chapter for ya'll I know there might not be a lot of heavy scenes between the two of them yet, But I'm trying to keep things slow, but don't you guys worry, Things are coming! So wait for them!

Thank you so much ❤️
-Z