« twenrey's healing hearts »

{jeffrey wong × twenty suh}

A broken glass. A drunken state. A shattered heart. The house was left in a wreck as Twenty sat on the sofa all curled up, tears falling endlessly whilst he tried to calm down and stop shaking. He hugged his frame, let out a shaky breath, looked around his cold, unwelcoming apartment. Suddenly, his cosy home intoxicated him with his ex's scent and memories, haunting him as he felt an invisible spirit pushing down on him.

Using all his strength, he pushed himself up as he ambled towards the storage room to get a broom, cleaning up the broken shards of glass, despite the cut on his face and arm throbbing from when the wine glass was thrown at him.

"It's alright," he tried telling himself. "He was a bad person. At least he's gone."

But Twenty couldn't stop thinking about it. Why? Because that man that had previous yelled at him, hit him and gave him many bruises was his first love, his first kiss, his first everything. Twenty knew very well that not all good things would last forever, but he wished that this wouldn't have ended on such a physical note. He threw the shattered glass shards in the bin before looking at the cut on his arm. Blood was dripping out slowly, and the longer he looked at it the more numb his arm became. Twenty glanced up and looked at the portraits of the two together. A sudden urge ran through him as he took the frames from the wall and threw them in the direction of the bin, not caring if it landed or made another mess.

The glass of the frame shattered as it hit the corner of the bin, the loud noise echoing the quiet room.

Sighing, he stroked his hair back and headed for the fridge as he looked for something to drink. Despite the many options, Twenty's eyes fell upon the bottle of unopened alcohol that sat there, watching him as it tempted and begged Twenty to drink it. It was his ex's favourite, Bacardi, the one that usually got him high and aggressive. Without thinking, the male grabbed the bottle and took a swig. The unfamiliar feeling of his throat burning arrived as it made him scrunch his nose at the taste and the way it made his throat go dry. As surprising as it seemed, Twenty wasn't the type to drink often, unless it was wine with dinner. So when he took a chug of Bacardi, he wasn't prepared for the strong taste that lingered in his mouth. Nevertheless, the male continued drinking the bottle as he shoved on his jacket and shoes to head out into the night.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

With his hands in his pockets and head down, Jeffrey was listening to music through his ear pods, not paying much attention to his surroundings on the wide bridge. Cars zoomed by on the road as he walked along the pavement, sometimes looking over the bridge to look at the river below. All his eyes could see were the black ripples within the water as they lapped against the thick pillars of the bridge, causing a faint yet rhythmic tune.

As Jeffrey was walking, he came to a halt when he noticed a small figure leaning against the wall of the bridge, with a drink in hand and looking down. At first, Jeffrey scoffed and glared at the drunk person, and was going to turn away until he noticed the stranger was hastily wiping his face, and was shaking in the chilly weather. Although he didn't want to intrude or interact with a drunk man, the male decided to act like a decent human and ask the stranger what happened.