« jinyanna's library secrets »

{jin lee × yanna wong}

Once she entered the library, she shut the carved door behind her, breathing heavily. Soaked, Yanna shook out her trench coat, leaning back against the door to catch her breath. No other student was at that library; people barely went in there, to begin with, due to the creepy vibe it gave. It was built in the 18th century and had a notorious history after rumours went around of murders taking place and a malicious ghost living there.

Despite the rumours, Yanna found it a nice place to study. Maybe she shouldn't have gone in the pouring rain at night. What else could she do? She had exams to revise for, and living with her crazy roommate, who frequently held concerts in her room, did not help.

She slowly walked forward, her black boots softly tacking against the dark hardwood floors. The sounds of dying embers from the warm fireplace beckoned her forward, drawing her into one of the armchairs as she got comfortable. She wondered why there was a fire on and speculated the owner left it like that. The coffee table was covered in thick hardcover books, which she placed down on the floor. Yanna sat there for a moment, warming up her cold, drenched body. Everything was calm, the soft drone of rain against the windows and the embers crackling calmly in the night. The fire made her drowsy as she stared at it in peace.

It was calm; nothing could happen that would catch her off guard. Then, she heard a voice: a kind voice, the voice of a guy. "Don't fall asleep in here, my dear," it whispered, making her look over her shoulder in fright. There was no one.

"Maybe it was the librarian." Yanna let out her hair from the bun it was in and tried drying it. She leaned back into the chair, closing her eyes for a split second before opening them again. She slapped herself lightly. "Focus! You have to study for exams; that's the whole point of coming here!"

Taking off her trenchcoat, she placed it on the coat hanger and fixed her skirt before she went towards the bookshelves. She trudged down the many rows of shelves packed with beautifully crafted books. She let her fingers lightly slide across the covers as they stopped on one, compelled to pull it from the shelf. Yanna ended up making a little stack to carry in her arms.

"Be careful around the floorboards; some are loose," the same voice cautioned, making her spin around. No one. Yanna turned again, heading back to the chair, confused, brushing it off. Settling down into the armchair, she prepared for a long night of studying.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

"Love?" A voice woke her up. She stretched her arms and yawned before her hands fell on her lap, feeling a thick blanket over her legs. "When did I fall asleep?" Yanna shook her head, standing up to see her trench coat fully dry. Her eyes glanced towards the clock; it was past midnight.

A pale figure stood in front of Yanna, wearing a soft blue sweater with a white dress shirt underneath. He had round glasses and wavy hair that fell loosely over his face, a kind smile plastered there. She noticed that he had a thin rope tied to his neck. "I recommend going back to the dormitories, my dear," he said calmly, gesturing to the door.