Chapter One

I was nine when my world finally came to life, at least, in my opinion.

The roof exploded, revealing the silhouette of a girl with eight limbs, and wings.

My cousin, Ella May Tilaman, daughter of Mia-Lynn and Malachi Ingla-Kinas

I'm Quilla Lynn Tilaman, daughter of Saria and Simba Tilaman.

I have tentacles, and the power to turn into a sphinx.

"Come on! Get up already!!!" Ella shouted, lifting me up using telekinesis.

I groaned.

"Seriously Els? That's the best you can do? Especially today, the Day of the Trials." I replied, spreading my own wings, whacking Ella with a tentacle, and grabbing my bow and quiver, along with my sword.

"No, she's holding back because she doesn't want to destroy our house. I, on the other hand, wouldn't hesitate to do so." Absidy grouched.

"Well, go ahead!" I snapped, making a bubble of water hover over her head, ready to drop.

Ella was standing behind her, trying her best not to laugh.

When Absidy conjured up a ball of fire, I immediately dropped the water, extinguishing the fire and drenching her in the process.

She screamed, and lunged at me, drawing her swords. I drew mine, and disarmed her, and trapped her in ice shackles.

After all, I am her older sister.

I got Mum's water powers and tentacles, and got Dad's sphinx-shifting ability as well. I also have wings, as I am an angel, after all.

Absidy got Dad's fire powers and Mum's ability to breathe underwater. She also has wings.

Ella has Malachi's extra limbs, and Mia's sass. She has wings that are almost identical to Mia's. She also has her dad's powers of water.

"Alright, alright! No fighting yet! Save it for the Trials!" My mum shouted, flying up to intervene before Absidy killed me.

"Okay. The first trial of today is the Trial of the Stars." Aunty Mia added, clapping her hands.

"Uh, Mum? Didn't you say that the Trial of the Stars was the hardest one?" Ella asked hesitantly.

"Yes. It is. Though I have hope that you girls-"

"Ahem." I turned to see a boy with dark skin, bright green eyes, and wild brown hair standing on top of a pedestal of vines. Surprisingly, in place of real wings, he had what looked like tentacles twisted together to make them.

But how?

"Sorry, girls and boy will be able to strike this trial off the list!" Mia amended.

"The rules are simple. Each of you has to fight one of the Four Stars of the Morning and take their token of defeat. Ella, you're with the North Star. Absidy, you're with the East Star. Hillament, you're with the South Star, and Quilla, you're with the West Star. You have two hours." My dad announced, pointing to each of us in turn.

For those who have already read my other stories, hello again! To those who are new readers, hi!!! 

A few things you need to know about me:

1: I do not tolerate swearing in any way shape or form. There are much more creative insults than the b-word. Be creative.

2: I am the kind of girl who hides her feelings, no matter how large they are. I'm human too! So, please refrain from critisizing my work. I WORKED HARD ON THIS!!!

3: I love having people tell me what they think about my work! Please don't be a silent reader!

4: I may be disabled, but I don't let that get in the way of me being whoever I need to be!

See ya!

~SCK