Chapter Nine

[NOTE: Now from Quilla's P.O.V.]

We docked at Hero's Port, near the City of the Stars.

"Alright, listen up! We are going to begin our search here." the only guard who had spoken announced.

"No duh." I grumped, crossing my arms.

"Really? I thought we were starting at Hellfire Bay?" Hillament asked.

"Change of plans. We got a Sunnote saying that the princess was spotted moving around the City of the Stars, so we're going here instead." the guard explained.

"So what's the actual plan?" I asked, preparing myself to jump overboard and swim to shore.

"We go in disguise. You must not make anyone think that you are of a higher authority than everyone else." the guard answered.

"What's your name?" Ella asked, tilting her head to one side.

"My name? Oh, it's Eliza. Eliza Dallman."

"Okay, just wanted to know, since, y'know, I'm going to need to TRY and trust you. Though I don't really trust those two because they haven't said anything." Ella replied, gesturing at the two other guards who were trying to control the boat.

"Well, she is a mute and he just is really quiet and hates talking, probably cause he's isn't really used to people talking to him, cause she doesn't and they're twins." she replied.

The guy then said something for the first time. His voice was so quiet and a little croaky which made it very difficult to understand what he said.

"We have names you know."

"So what are they?" Hillament asked.

The guy stayed quiet so Eliza answered for them;

"She's Ithyas and he's Ubeck." pointing at each of them in turn as she said their names.

"Are we going to shore or what?" I grumbled, jumping onto the railing.

"Yes, we are. But first we need to put these on." Ubeck answered in his hushed voice, handing us each a hooded cloak.

"What are these for?" Ella asked, holding the cloak as far away from herself as possible.

"If we want to remain inconspicuous in the city we need to put these on. Everyone else wears them." Eliza answered, throwing her cloak over her shoulders and pulling the hood up, casting her face in shadows. She then pulled a scarf out of a pocket in the cloak and wrapped it around her face, covering her mouth and nose and gesturing for us to do the same.

We did, albeit with some grumbling. I then passed around communicators, which were useful as we were wearing masks, after all.

When we had all gotten ready, we teleported to the centre of the city, thanks to Ithyas's magic.

We walked towards the palace, making sure that we were covered at all times.

Once we had reached the palace gates we split up, Hillament, Ella, and I going one way and Eliza, Ubeck, and Ithyas going the other.

After a few minutes of walking we reached the main market, where there were a bunch of shops and stalls, each with one or two of the city guards nearby.

Apparently the city was not safe for anyone, least of all the princess.

I wandered around the market, looking at all of the weapons stalls, and maybe buying a bag of nuts or two. What? Nuts are awesome!!!

Anyway, I was looking around the stalls when a bag of flour exploded at the other end of the square, sending a cloud of dust to cover a few of the stalls.

Amidst the chaos, I spotted someone running through the square, covered in flour. I followed her to her home, where I waited outside the door for her to come out, making sure I was concealed in the bushes.

I was not disappointed.

A girl came along, and did something I thought was strange. They shifted their form into a different person whom I didn't recognise, and bashed down the door to the house.

The problem was, I recognised the first girl.

It was Lady Alleah.

The would-be assassin of my twin sister, Zeya.

Okay, this chapter was kind of the last one in a different P.O.V. but meh. It gave out way more information.

Kinda.

Anyway, the next chapter should be out in the next week or so.

See ya!!!

~SCK