Chapter Thirteen

"Sorry! It's just so good and I haven't had anything sweet in AGES!" Quilla apologised, shoveling the last of the cake into her mouth as I lunged at her.

"Zeya, let her be. It's just cake, for the North Star's sake!" Ella reprimanded. Hillament flinched as she said this.

"Uh, could you not use my Mum's name like that?"

"Wait. Your mum is the NORTH STAR?!?! Hillament, do you know how big of a claim that is?" Quilla exclaimed, all cake-related thoughts forgotten.

"Y-yeah. I know." he stammered, pulling his hood back up and backing out the door.

"Nuh-uh. You do not get to back out of this conversation!" I ordered.

Quilla froze his feet to the floor, and froze his hands to the wall behind him. He struggled a bit, then gave in.

"Okay. Who are you really, and what proof do you have that you are the son of the North Star?" Ella demanded.

"Hang on, he might lie. Give him this." I suggested, handing Ella a vial filled with truth serum. She made Hillament drink it.

"Now answer the question! Who are you, and what proof do you have that your mum is the North Star?" Quilla demanded, shining a light directly into his face.

"My name is Hillament Starson. My father is the Sun, and my mother is the North Star. I am from the Moon Division of the Sun Army. I was with Jenin as a spy for the Sun Army. I was there when she captured Saria and Simba. I was with Saria when she returned to the Sun Haven. The proof that I have that my mum is the North Star is this; to follow a star to the end of the Earth will only succeed in bringing about the ruins of your soul."

"...Wow. Just wow." Quilla murmured, moving the light away.

"Quill, we still need that!" Ella reprimanded.

"Oh, oops!"

I laughed, then turned back to Hillament.

"What does that phrase mean, 'to follow a star to the end of the Earth will only succeed in bringing about the ruins of your soul?'"

"It means that if you try to attack me you will burn!" he shouted. Blue flames erupted around him, melting the ice holding him to the wall.

Then, he shot straight upward, through the roof, soaring away on wings made of pure light.

"Sorry, but the Sun will soon die!!!" Hillament shouted, hovering above the hole in my roof.

"Nope, you won't!" I yelled. I flew up and grabbed him, holding his hands behind his back as I wrestled him out of the sky, making him land headfirst into a pit of quicksand.

"Hang on. WHY DO YOU HAVE A QUICKSAND PIT IN YOUR HOUSE?!?!?" Ella asked.

"Why not?" I asked in return, shrugging.

Sorry for the late update! And also really sorry for the short chapter! School started back in person, so I couldn't work on this in class like I used to.

Anyway, the next chapter should be out in a week at most.

See ya!!!

~SCK