Chapter 03. Where She Finally Finds Her 'Soulmate'

ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕥 : 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙 
𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 : ℍ𝕠𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝
____________________________

"So... Basically you're a saint from other planet where a man can't love woman but, your friend tried breaking that taboo and thus, you're here?" Sevyn looked ready to faint after Evangeline narrated her part of story.

"Yeah... But, that's just my theory. And as i said before, maybe, your friend got teleported to my place. Do me believe me?"

"Why won't I?" Sevyn looked up into her eyes. Not only was this body- swapping thing absurd, but, apparently nobody except for Sevyn could see Evangeline as someone with blonde hair. Even the nurses found her tired from exhaustion when she rushed to tell them that her friend is missing. For everyone else, Evangeline looked just like Aislinn. With things turning out like this, how could she pretend not to believe this girl's theory? As 'out of the world' it may sound, she couldn't say that it were entirely impossible.

"Uhmm... You're surprisingly nice. I've heard that people outside from our planet are really mean." Evangeline stared deep into Sevyn'n eyes.

"You're just lucky that you found my friend to switch bodies with. I am from a few exceptions from those 'mean' people. Why though? Are people on your planet never mean?"

"That's not it... It's just. I'm sorry. I've nothing to say in my defense." Evangeline bowed her head remembering how everyone on her planet shunned Nox without ever thinking how he felt. They weren't nice. What was she even thinking while saying that? She was somewhat embarrassed with herself.

"You don't really have to apologize. Anyways, since you aren't Ash, you shouldn't be here in hospital. Let's go home for now. I've already got the discharge papers." It was shocking for Sevyn when the hospital staff refused to agree that Ash ever had a stab wound. They reminded Sevyn that Ash just fainted on road seeing serious violence and thus, was temporarily admitted. She truly wanted to exhaust her brain for possible reasons but, she knew better. Nobody would believe her and her life has already changed it's normal course. There was no use in showing useless resistance.
------------------------------------------------
"You should wash yourself over there. Till then, I'll prepare our meal. I don't know what your food is like, so, let's just eat some veggies for starters and then, you can tell me all about your way of living. We'll try to adjust you here and don't worry, I'll take care of you." Sevyn dropped the hospital form in the bedside drawer of their room.

Evangeline was in awe for the whole ride. Everything here was so new and different here. It was almost magical. With this thought, she stepped inside washroom. But, how was she supposed to get water? On her planet, everyone had a mini lake inside their home, in which, they used to wash themselves. Since this water has the 'Sacred Tree' as it's source, it never got dirty and thus, would renew it's essence every night.

Evangeline shook her head while remembering her home. She understood that it was impossible to return without God's permission and so, she'll have to adjust to this new lifestyle. She didn't want to burden already troubled Sevyn. She looked inside and found some knobs on the wall. She tried turning the knob in middle and the shower started. This sudden flow startled her and a small scream left her mouth. Sevyn rushed on her small voice and immediately turned off shower.

"Are you okay?" She dabbed Evangeline' small frame with a towel. She was wet from head to toe and her feeble clothing wasn't going to help in preventing the effects of cold water on her body.

"I'll help you wash up till you learn these yourself." She turned around and adjusted the temperature of water. She folded her shirt sleeves to help her undress. Suddenly, Evangeline stopped, somewhat startled.