Chapter 04. Where The Miracle Meets The Shunned

ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕥 : 𝕂𝕖𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕣- 𝟚𝟚𝕓
𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 : 𝕋𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖
__________________________

"She should've been awake by now. Did our holy powers not work on her?" Tanith enquired the priest in charge of healing people.

"I don't know. Never have I ever heard of such occurrence." He answered nervously. He wasn't sure of what was happening.

"I think we should take her to the Sacred Tree. Now, it's our last resort to cure this child." Another saint answered.

And with everyone's consent, Aislinn' body was kept beside the Sacred Tree' roots. Everyone prayed for the foreigner to heal quickly. She wasn't just a miracle but hope, for the people of this land. Decades ago, some words suddenly appeared on Temple's praying walls:

"She, who's as fragile as a sapling, as calm as the tree, and as surreal as nature itself; will bestow this land in exchange for a similar soul. She'll eradicate everything that emits evil and write a new history, together with her destined, who isn't yet fated. Curse shall befall the land when you'll fail to treasure her."

Till now, she met with every detail mentioned in that oracle. From her small and fragile frame to her terrifyingly beautiful hair, everything about her spoke serenity. Saints interpreted that they needed to heal her wounds in order to 'treasure' her. And so, everyone was doing their best. Even Lennox, who doesn't even stay inside Temple for long, waited for her to open her eyes. He even tended to the needs of other saints, when they asked him to bring towels and other essentials for her wound; something he wouldn't have done before for these same people shunned him previously.
----------------------------------------------

"Aren't you cold?" Lennox felt something warm on his shoulders, along with a groggy voice. Everyone had already left to retire for the day so of course, he was made to stay alongside her. Tanith wished to interrupt but he knew she was already tired. And he didn't really want to tire her more, nor he wanted to leave the stranger alone. He moved to see the stranger awake. She was staring intently towards him with an unwavering gaze. Her eyes held a shade of blue, darker than his and everyone else.

"You are..."
------------------------------------------

"Isn't it a bit complicated?" Lennox looked quizzically towards Aislinn who just finished telling her tale. He was astonished that she came from a planet where one could love anyone. It was a bit weird that sometimes people didn't accept 'some types of love' but other than that everything related to Earth seemed music to Nox' ears. He wanted to visit that place so badly.

"It is. But, isn't everything complicated? Doesn't really matter where you are..." Aislinn sighed. She wished for her friend to see this planet. If only she could come here in her stead, she would truly be able to live happily with whoever she wants. There will be no judgemental eyes who'd look at her with disgust for loving people of same gender. Nor will there be people who'll find her possessed if she told that she loved a girl. This place could've become her safe heaven. If only, she were here...

𝓑𝓾𝓽, 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓫𝓵𝓮𝓶 𝔀𝓪𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝔂 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮. 𝓦𝓪𝓼 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝔂𝓷' '𝓽𝔂𝓹𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮'?
______________________________

Number of words (Excluding Author's Note) : 547
______________________________

Author's Note: