Chapter 07. Where It's An End For... Everything

ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕥 : 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙 
𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 : ℍ𝕠𝕞𝕖
__________________________

"How co... could the...they?" Sevyn hiccuped while wiping her tears.

Lennox never cried, Sevyn never let herself cry in front of her and Evangeline never had a chance to befriend someone else. It's safe to say she never saw her loved ones cry, nor she ever cried. Thus, witnessing someone crying or grieving was a completely new experience. She found herself tongue tied for words. She understood that it’s easy to celebrate someone’s joy, but what about when someone is hurting? She found herself caught in the situation where Sevyn broke into tears and she didn't know what to say, or what to do. But she knew that she wanted to ease Sevyn’s burden and suffering by helping to lighten her load. She wanted to let her know that she cared about her and Aislinn, or to let her know that she loves them. But what words could she use to comfort her?

Her planet and official priests were such lowlifes, that she couldn't have ever expected. Forced to have sex? How could they play with someone like that? Rape is a crime, whether the person committing it is a stranger, a date, an acquaintance, or a family member or even a priest. No matter how it happened, rape is upsetting. People who have been raped need care, comfort, and a way to heal.

And Aislinn completely lacked the environment. Lennox was already deeply tortured. They had starved him completely, only giving meals once every three days. He was just hanging on his life when Tanith came for her son. If it weren't for Tanith, who received God's prophecy in her coma like state, Lennox would still be locked away. She unlocked him and asked him rush for Aislinn' help. And that was when she decided to contact them. Knowing full well, where the higher priests could possibly lock her, Evangeline guided Lennox to her cave and helped him in unlocking the gates. Both of them needed comfort for each were gravely hurt both physically and mentally.

And seeing her friend in that state had made Sevyn vulnerable too. Evangeline knew that she somehow still blamed her for what happened. If it weren't for her, Aislinn wouldn't have been stabbed and, maybe she would still be safe here. Evangeline  didn't know if she was in a position to comfort Sevyn or not. After all, it was her planet and somewhere, she was feeling responsible for their sorrow.

"Are you blaming yourself?" Sevyn realized when she saw Evangeline sitting in the same position for so long.

"I... I..." She struggled to formulate words. Being sheltered all her life had made Evangeline pretty sensitive. She had problem in even speaking fluently if her loved ones weren't around. Sevyn knew that.

"Shh... It's okay. It's not your fault. If anyone, it's those horrible people or maybe myself who are to blame." She mentally cursed herself for allowing Evangeline to witness her in such a dirty state.

"No... You're not to blame. But... What do we do? I want to help her..."

"Do you know a way to help her? You can ask your God for help?" Sevyn suddenly enquired.

"I don't know how to directly talk... But I can try. Can you please take me to the place where your friend got stabbed? I can try finding clues to get back by following the tracks from there to the hospital where you found me." Evangeline tried to explain. They had tried to figure the way back to her planet even before, but it failed due to lack of clues. But, now, she had God's blessings as well as her blessed relic.

"Alright. Let's try it once again."

-----------------------------------------------

The place in front of the cafe was very messy, posters and flyers to lift the ban on LGBT love was sprawled everywhere, just like that day. The protesters have already left for it was almost 3 AM (Yes, their protest was still ongoing till this date, even after three years). The atmosphere of that place was strangely similar to that day. Sevyn felt an uneasiness take over her. It was way to coincidental.