Chapter 06. Where Her Fairytale Turns Into Nightmare

ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕥 : 𝕂𝕖𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕣- 𝟚𝟚𝕓
𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 : 𝕋𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖
𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 : 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣

(Warning : This chapter deals with strong mature topics such as rape. If you're underage or uncomfortable with talks of these please refrain from reading.)
_____________________________

The past three years had changed everything in both the people of Kepler and the temple. It all started when Aislinn or the 'prophecy child' regained consciousness. Everyone wanted to protect and provide her the best because she was an important existence to the planet. And Aislinn happily compiled. It was hard for her to accept their concept of childbirth and love but, as long as, LGBT love wasn't getting hatred, she was sure everything will turn out to be amazing. There was only one regret. She deeply wished that Sevyn could join her here. It was after all, her ideal place.

Aislinn was more than helpful to everyone. Being an archeologist, she was able to help interpret and discover more of the ancestors and their languages. For her utter astonishment, the language and patters were way too similar with Earth, thus, making it easy to help. Everyone welcomed her with open hearts especially Tanith and Lennox. Unknowingly she started spending more and more time with these two. And even before she knew it, she became accustomed to come looking for them in times of need and vulnerability. It was also a relief that someone believed in her 'type of love'. It made her believe that someday maybe, everyone will come to accept her 'type of love' too. They were her safe home on that foreign planet. But nothing good lasts forever.

After sometime, the cycle of only falling in love with the 'destined ones' started changing when a married girl realized she may love Aislinn. Like a religious person, that she was, she came to confess in the church. This discussion disturbed the priests. In the beginning, they thought it was the girl's fault to love someone when she was already married but, then, it started to concern them if one such case appeared maybe it'll continue to happen in future. There was also this issue that she had no mark on her body, meaning she couldn't be bound with someone.

It was also an issue that she wasn't originally from here. If another planet needed her, she may vanish again. They feared to loose her. And so, they came up with a plan to make her stay. Their plan couldn't ever be successful if Tanith got to know of it so she was named a hindrance and thus, poisoned with temporary coma inducing herbs. Lennox was devastated and it hurt Aislinn to see him hurt. It was during this time, both of them developed a sense of vulnerability for each other, which turned into love.

The higher ups already feared this scenario so they forcefully locked Aislinn (without an ounce of light) and invited magicians to engrave a mark on her body. It was decided a similar mark will be given to some widowed woman (as one's mark fades away if their partner is no more).

When they saw that she wasn't ready to cooperate, they send that girl to her chamber. In that dark environment, Aislinn thought her survivor had come so she desperately clung to the body that had come there. But, nothing's is free and for the cost of freedom the person demanded her chastity. The thought terrified Aislinn and she tried getting away from that body as if it were fire. The lack of light and the person's force made it impossible for her to run away. And she lost both her chastity and freedom in just one moment.

It was rape... Rape is forced and unwanted. It's about power, not sex. A rapist uses actual force or violence — or the threat of it — to take control over another human being. It broke her thoroughly. The next day, the officials came to enquire if she's ready to submit to their schemes. Collecting herself, she denied. Her thoughts were crystal clear, never was she going to let herself get toyed like that again. The officials were scared of the 'prophecy child' so in hopes she'd eventually surrender, they left.

She became deeply traumatized in her surroundings. She became numb with each passing day in the hopes of getting rescued but her days lost count and they turned into weeks, later turning into months.

She was regularly fed when someone from the temple passed her food with the help of one burning candle. He'd immediately leave after serving and she was forced to find her way of eating in dark. Her fairytale dream had turned into a living nightmare. She had lost count of her sufferings when her life's light shone again. One day, Lennox sneaked inside with a bracelet in his hand. The bracelet shone as soon as he came near her. Seeing light blinded her for some time and inside that light she saw Sevyn. Just one look and all her facade faded with tears flowing freely.

Lennox unlocked her cave (he was locked away as well but he escaped when Tanith came to him, still wobbling from being dizzy. She gave him a bracelet and Evangeline decided to contact at the exact same moment. She guided him to the possible room) and rushed towards her side. She was partially unclothed and was clinging to herself. Her body screamed in pain and her eyes were completely hollow. It wasn't tough to guess what happened but she still SPELLED it.

"Whatever happened, it wasn't your fault. No one has the right to have sex with you against your will. The blame for a rape lies solely with the rapist. Please be strong and leave everything Ash..." Sevyn comforted trying to look strong while wiping her tears.

The light suddenly faded and so did Sevyn' voice.

𝓦𝓱𝔂? 𝓦𝓱𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓷? 𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮?
______________________________

Number of words : 951
______________________________

Author's Note :-

Alright, whatever happened with Aislinn, nobody, let me repeat NO MAN OR WOMAN deserves it. Never let yourself think otherwise.

Rape isn't just physically damaging, it can be emotionally traumatic as well. The right emotional attention, care, and support can help a person begin the healing process and prevent lingering problems later on.

Someone who has been raped might feel a lot of things: angry, degraded, frightened, numb, or confused. It's also normal for someone who has been raped to feel ashamed or embarrassed. Some people withdraw from friends and family. Others don't want to be alone. Some feel depressed, anxious, or nervous.

It can be hard to think or talk about a frightening experience, especially something as personal as rape. People who have been raped sometimes avoid seeking help because they're afraid that talking about it will bring back memories or feelings that are too painful. But this can actually do more harm than good.

Talking about rape in a safe environment with the help and support of a trained professional is the best way to ensure long-term healing. Working through the pain sooner rather than later can help reduce symptoms like nightmares and flashbacks. It can also help people avoid potentially harmful behaviors and emotions, like major depression or self harm.

Trust me everything will be okay... Just believe in yourself. If you're wronged, seek for justice and don't let it get to you. I know it's easier said than done but, that's all I can say for you. Just he strong and face everything. The one who wronged you is ready to wrong others anytime.

Anyways, it's all for today. I'll try update epilogue (which is the last chapter of this book) today only... If I do that, it'd be a triple update.

Let me know what you think of this so far?

Till then, take care of yourself and people around you.