1.𝑽𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈

CHAPTER ONE
The Vanishing of Will Byers

❝ 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐤, 𝐘/𝐍 𝐨𝐮𝐭? 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐤, 𝐘/𝐍 𝐨𝐮𝐭? 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞.

|| THIRD PERSON POV ||

NOVEMBER 6TH, 1973, Wheeler House

SOMETHING IS COMING, SOMETHING HUNGRY FOR BLOOD. Mike Wheeler spoke eerily, peering over to look at his friends. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness, it is almost here."

"What is it?" Will asked beside him. "What if it's the demogorgon? Oh Jesus we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon." His friend, Dustin Henderson panicked as his leg shook.

Lucas Sinclair, their other friend, spoke up. "It's not the demogorgon!" Mike slammed one of the characters onto the table. "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!"

"Troglodytes?" Dustin questioned with a snort. "Told ya!" Lucas cheered as a few laughs and chuckles came from the group.

"Wait a minute, did you hear that?" Mike looks over his shoulder, his eyes widening. "That — that sound? Boom, boom, boom!" With the last word he slammed his hand on the table, making everyone jump.

"That didn't come from the troglodytes, no that came from something else. . . The demogorgon!" He said, causing a fit of groans to come from the group.

"We're in deep shit!" Dustin grumbles.

"Will your action!" Mike shouts.

The younger boy panicked, not knowing what to do. Between Dustin and Lucas going back and forth on what to do, and Mike pressuring him to hurry up, Will just threw it, causing it to fall off of the table.

The four boys scrambled across the basement as Mike's mother, Karen, opened the basement doors. Saying it was time for them to go home, which made Mike reluctantly follow after her, leaving his three friends.

"Oh I got it!" Will spoke, lifting the dice up. "Does the seven count?" He looked towards Lucas.

"It was a seven?" Will nodded, "Did Mike see it?" Lucas then asks, receiving a shake of the head. "Then it doesn't count."