5.𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔

CHAPTER FIVE
The Weirdos on Maple Street

"𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵! 𝗢𝗳 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀

"𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵! 𝗢𝗳 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀."

|| Y/N'S POV ||

"Something wrong with the meatloaf?" Mrs. Wheeler asked as we all looked up.

After the strange situation with Sev and Lucas, Mrs. Wheeler called us all down for dinner. We all awkwardly said bye to Sev and El before running downstairs.

"Oh no, I had two bologna sandwiches for lunch.. I don't know why," Dustin said with an awkward smile as Lucas added, "Me too."

"Oh uh—I ate a lot today." I said, twirling my fork around.

Nancy looked at her mom with a fake smile, giving her an innocent look, "It's delicious mommy."

Mommy?

Mrs. Wheeler seemed to have bought it as she smiled as her oldest daughter, "Thank you sweetie."

There was only one reason for Nancy to be sucking up to her parents and we all knew why. She wanted to hangout with Steve Harrington.

"So, there's this.. special assembly thing tonight, for Will and Michael Jones, at the school field. Barb's driving." Nancy brought up, though we all knew she was lying straight through her teeth.

I narrowed my eyes at Nancy slightly, I didn't understand the appeal to high schoolers wanting to suck face with each other all the time.

Mike and I looked at each other and made gagging faces, he told us one time that he'd caught Nancy up late at night talking to Steve very—suggestively.

"Why am I just hearing about this?" Mrs. Wheeler questioned.

"I thought you knew?" Nancy asked with an innocent look.

The two continued talking about the assembly as we all mindlessly poked at our food. Suddenly, a choking noise caught me off guard as I looked up to see Mike, who snorted his milk out of his nose.

I glanced over to where he was looking at and saw El walking downstairs, Sev catching up to her, looking like he was trying to persuade her to go back in the basement.

My eyes widened as Mrs. Wheeler turned around but stopped when Dustin banged his fists on the table loudly.

"Sorry, spasm." he said sheepishly. Holly whimpered in her chair as Mrs. Wheeler sighed, "It's okay Holly, it's just a loud noise."