The Secrets We Hide

Karma groaned when he opened his eyes, wiping the sleep away from his eyes. He sat up groggily, looking up to see Nagisa with his back to him, sitting on the edge of the bed. He sighed and fell back on his pillow, snaking his arms around Nagisa's waist, trying to pull him back under the covers.

“Karma…” Nagisa spoke seriously, his voice slightly shaky as he said his name. Karma swallowed, sitting up in bed, removing his arms from around him. “Were you ever going to tell me?”

His mind went numb for a moment before it started racing. The words tried to soak into his brain they simply couldn't. Karma had told Nagisa everything. About his family, his life, his relationships… he had opened up everything he had to offer, but the tone of Nagisa's voice was accusational and it cut through his heart. “What are you talking about?”

Nagisa turned his head to look at him, his eyes lingering on Karma's face before he looked down at his hands and stood. “When were you going to tell me about your bastard child!”

Karma's  face dropped. He was fifteen. He never had sex in his life. He sighed, moving to the edge of his bed. “Nagisa, what are you talking about I don't have-”

Nagisa dramatically turned around, tears flowing down his cheeks, snorting as he held a stuffed horse in his arms.

Karma gasped, “Oh fuck, you found my bastard child!” Nagisa continued to laugh, more tears leaking from his eyes. He threw the horse at Karma, walking over to the door theatrically.

“Goodbye Karma-kun. I'll be raising our tapeworm all on my own from now on.”

Karma gasped once more bringing a hand to his face for effect. He stood, grabbing Nagisa by the wrist.

“No… we’re in this together….” Nagisa erupted into a fit of laughter, Karma quickly following suit as they embraced.

“Okay but seriously, were you ever gonna show me your horses?”

Karma thought for a moment before speaking, “Yes. Just a little bit later, though.”

Karma placed a kiss on his nose, wiping the last of his tears from his face. “They're all cute so I'm glad I would get to meet them someday.”

Karma rolled his eyes, pecking Nagisa's lips before falling out the embrace. “Are we gonna cuddle some more?”

Nagisa giggles, grabbing his hand as he hopped into the bed, pulling himself closer to Karma's chest and smiling softly. “Yes… we are. We can include your bastard child in the mix too.”

Karma smiled, watching as Nagisa place the horse between them, snaking his arms around Nagisa's back and fell back to sleep.