.02 | Robbers

🙈💫The Day Before The Party💫🙈

Emily's POV

I sat in my car parked in front of Hobby Lobby, checking things off my list and talking to myself. It was day 5/5 on setting up for the party and I was just finishing up some final shopping.
"Candy, check. Goodie bags, no. Ribbon, no. Thank you cards, no." I sighed as I added what I needed to get to an additional list on my phone. The last day of setting up was the easiest, all I had to do was make sure I have extra party supplies just incase people decided to bring their friends or I forget to invite people or me just being me, decides to invite more people just for the hell of it. I got out of the car, locking it and grabbing a shopping cart that sat in the rocks next to my car. I brushed off the snow and ice and laid my purse in it ready to go into the store that I've been in eighteen times in the last five days.

I've been strolling around the store for the past 45 minutes looking for goodie bags for the guest at my party. I stopped in an aisle, an aisle that I've already been in twelve times, looking at the small variety of plastic bags and metal buckets. I stopped in front of the small buckets with a gold shimmery background and little gingerbread people around it. The buckets were the exact same kind as the ones last year, just different colors. Do you think people will notice?, I asked myself.

"Notice the buckets? I barely even notice that you guys change the Christmas tree every year." I heard a rusty voice from behind me. I slowly turned around and my heart quickly fell to the bottom of my stomach. I stood there stunned for some odd reason and I couldn't get the words to come out as he stood there with a crooked smile and a shopping cart filled with Christmas lights. "Hey Emily," he smiled leaning over his cart. "Hi Jack," I said quietly as I admired his long dark brown hair and the light stubble growing on his chin.

"What's in the cart?" I asked suddenly, trying not to look stupid for staring at his beautiful looks. "Just some lights for the light show next week." Every year, a week after my sleepover party Jacks family had a huge light show since they were Jewish and didn't really celebrate Christmas. "And as I can tell, this is the last day for setting up for the big sleep over?" he asked. I nodded my head, he knew me so well I wanted to gag. It was kind of awkward, it was like he was just standing there waiting for an invite. He probably just found out, I told the guys two days ago that they could come and they probably told him. "You can come if you want," I told him then instantly feeling like an idiot. "Thank god you said that, last night all the guys were talking about was how much fun it's going to be and how I'm not invited. But I wanted to talk to you, spend some time with you before anything happens...theres some things I want to apologize for." He said truthfully, I knew he was being honest because he was nervously tapping his foot and his dark brown eyes were starting to have a hint of green in them, just like they did seven months ago when he told me he loved me for the first time. I just nodded my head, unsure of what to say.

"Can I take you out to dinner tonight, so we can just start all over again?" He asked sincerely. I crossed my arms over my chest, biting my lip slightly deciding if I should let him back into my life this easy. Well, he did say start over, and that's just what I wanted.
_____

I changed into a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt. I slid on my black leather jacket and a gray and white chevron infinity scarf. I quickly fluffed my hair since my hair is naturally wavy/curly when I brush it, it turns into a giant brown tumble weed. I shoved my feet into a pair of dark mahogany doc martens and grabbed my phone and my bag. It was 8:10 and Jack would be here any minute now. I soon heard a low rumble of an engine pulling into my drive way. As the doorbell rang I finished putting on some perfume and then ran downstairs. I opened the door to see Jack wearing gray skinny jeans, his black van hightops, a maroon hoodie with a black coat and in his hands were a bouquet of purple lavenders and yellow tulips.