you're the only good thing in my life | jj maybank p2

jjmaybank x pogue!reader
____

MOSTLY FLUFF
warning ; violence

˚✧₊⁎*・゜゚・*.。.。.:*・☤・*:.。. 。.*・゜゚・*⁎⁺˳✧˚

it's 5pm.

your body was sprayed out on your couch. you also lived in the cut, a few blocks from the chateau.

you let out a shaky breath and glance at the crooked clock on your wall. you paused before jumping up and grabbing jj's keys.

you headed out your house. revving up the motorcycle and immediately froze as a voice spoke up behind you.

"ahhh y/n."

you turn around, your eyes meeting with someone you truly didn't want to see. definitely- not right now.

"where's your uhh- your punk ass boyfriend?" he stepped closer and your clutched the leather seat behind you.

"where's pope? shouldn't he be in jail too?"

"you're a real kiss ass rafe. doing topper's work for you." you grinned and he grabbed your chin harshly, tilting your head upwards to meet with his dark eyes.

"the fuck did you say? dirty pogue." he snapped, flinching as you spat on his face in response. you couldn't help to smile as he let go of your chin and shoving your face back, groaning in disgust.

this gave you the chance to hurriedly start the engine and drive away. "hey! i'm not fucking done with you! HEY!" he tried chasing after you but inevitably failed in doing so.

you parked the motorcycle right outside jj's house, walking slowly to his backyard as you knew the door was always open.

faint music gradually getting louder. you heard faint shouting and you frowned as you realized what might be happening.

you walk over to jj's window, tiptoeing so you could see him. your boyfriend paced back and forth as he gripped his hair.

the shouting was louder but you couldn't translate the words. you wanted to get his attention but jj suddenly banged on the door. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

you flinched at him. you've never seen him like this. barely.

he sat down on the edge of his bed, face buried in his hands. his foot bouncing repeatedly on the floor.

your heart sank. thoughts interrupted as you lost your balance and stumbled backwards. "fuck." you cursed loudly as a scratched your leg on a sharp wooden branch during your fall.

you got up and rubbed your bum off the dirt. "y/n? what the fuck are you doing here!"

your face shot up at the owner of the voice. a smile crept up your face. "uhm hi."

jj sighed in relief and returned a small smile. lifting his window up even more so you could fit through, his hand gesturing you to come in.

you jumped over the ledge, gripping it tightly as you pulled all your body weight onto it. jj helped you fit in properly and noticed the scratch on your leg

you notice his stare and pat his shoulder. "it's nothing kiddo." you grin and finally wrap your arms around his neck, tiptoeing and he lowers himself to your height.

"i missed you." you hum in response and giggle. his arms wrapping your waist tightly.

"are you alright?" you asked when you took notice of the blood on his temple. the sunlight shining on the several bruises on his face.