{2.13} 𝙷 𝚘 𝚞 𝚜 𝚎 𝚜 𝙾 𝚏 𝚃 𝚑 𝚎 𝙷 𝚘 𝚕 𝚢 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 1

PROVIDENCE RHODE ISLAND

A young woman, Gloria who is sitting in a dark room, watching television, it appears to be "The Drew Carey Show", and smoking. She wears smudged hooker makeup and the table to her left holds several small angel statues and an ashtray filled with cigarette butts.

The Dialogue On Tv
"How little?" The Woman Asks

"How about "a little eyeshadow"?,You know, all this stuff, it's just very unprofessional." Drew Says

"Don't touch the troll!" Mimi Says

"Is that what your mom used to say to your dates?" Drew Asks

"Put the trolls down or I'll put a staple right between your-" Mimi Says As Gloria sighs heavily and lifts the remote control.she flips to a televangelist station.

"Now I know it's hard. It's hard to look up when you're down. It's hard to look up and see the light. But I'm here to tell you folks, the Lord is with you." The Televangelist says, Then Gloria turns off the television; the lamp to her right begins sputtering and flickering. She looks around, frowning, and stamps out her cigarette. The television suddenly turns on again, and Gloria gasps in shock.

"You don't have to suffer, you don't have to be lost. The lord is talking to you right now; he's saying, you are my child and you have a purpose! You think God forgot about you? I tell you no! All you got to do is listen! Can't you just hear those angels singing? Isn't it beautiful? It's time. It's time to receive the message he's sending. It's time to listen to the Word of God! Do you hear the glory? I said, can you hear it? I said, can you just hear the glory?" The Televangelist says As The lamp is still flickering and the entire room begins to shake. Gloria clutches at the couch, looking around in panic. Behind her, a blinding light glows, and she turns to face it in horror, then awe.

"Oh my god." Gloria Says

__________________________________
PSYCH WARD

Gloria is seated quietly on her bed in a psych ward. Her hair is straight and her face clean; she's wearing a bathrobe and reading a book held in her left hand. The door opens behind her and she turns.

"Good morning. You're not the usual guy." Gloria Says, The Person she's talking to is Sam, he's dressed in white scrubs and holding a clipboard.

"No, uh, just filling in. So how you feeling today, Gloria?" Sam Asks

"I've never felt better." Gloria Says

"So, no disturbances lately?" Sam Asks

"You mean am I stark raving cuckoo for cocoa puffs?" Gloria Asks

"I didn't' say that." Sam Says

"It's all right. I know what people must think." Gloria Says

"What do you think?" Sam Asks

"I think what I saw was real." Gloria Says

Sam looks around, pulls up a chair and sets the clipboard down. He leans forward, elbows on knees, and gives her an intensely earnest look.

"I'd like to know what you saw." Sam Says

"It was all over the news. I stabbed a man in the heart." Gloria Says