CH 9

Taeyong's POV

"Me and Jieun... were never in a relationship," I said.

"What?!" her eyes widened.

"What do you mean you two were never in a relationship? Why did you break up with me then? Why were both of you always together? Why would Jieun even say that she was?" she kept saying.

"Okay... I'll answer all of your questions, one at a time," I said.

"Firstly, yes... we were never in a relationship, to begin with. I became distant and cold towards you because of my family. A few days before we broke up, my mom announced during a family gathering that I had a brother from another father. Before all of this, she has always compared me to him but I never knew who he was and when I met him that day... I snapped. I was so mad with what was going on at home, I kind of took it out on you." I told her.

"....why didn't you just tell me about it?" she said back.

"I couldn't see you getting involved in my damage and the disaster of a family. I thought it was best to just break up with you." I told her.

"Then, what about you and Jieun? What is that all about?" she asked.

"She's my cousin..." I said back.

"WHat?!" she said in surprise.

"Yeah... she was there during the gathering and saw the whole thing and kind of calmed me, as well as helped me through all of it. She wanted me to tell you about it but I told her not too. I kind of begged her not to," I said.

"Why didn't either of you tells us you were cousins? All of us have been friends for years, why have you never told us about it?" she asked, curiously.

So, I just told her everything right then and there. Jieun trusts her, and I trust her too. I know she still cares for Jieun, so I told her the whole story.

"Jieun was bullied when we were younger because everyone in school knew we were cousins. She was insulted, pushed, and tossed around in school. I couldn't do much for her then. That's when we both decided to move to your school and completely ignore each other. We thought it was for the best no one knew about it. For her sake..." I said everything.

Soojung was just there, standing and listening to everything now. I can see that she is processing all of this. She was so stunned by the information she was given.

"After all this time, I have been hating her for no reason while she is protecting both you and me from the truth, as well as, getting herself hurt in the process," she said.

"Sadly, yeah..." I said while looking down in disappointment.

Soojung's POV

I was still trying to process all of this. All this time, Jieun was the one hurting - and I wasn't there to help her... more like one of the causes of her pain... I've really messed this up!

I then realized something, so I looked back at Taeyong.

"Do you still love me?" I asked him, nervously.

"I've never stopped loving you... never have, never well" he said.

As soon as he said that, I teared up - not knowing what else to do. I still love him too, I've never stopped. As I was crying, he came up to me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry for all the pain I've given you for the past couple of months. I'm really, really sorry... hope you could forgive me..." he said while hugging me.