02 - hey there delilah, with a twist

IN WHICH nini never came back to SLC. 

voice mail #57: from panini <3

the petite brunette, nini, stared at her phone. or more specifically, ricky's contact, on her phone. she sighed and called, only to be answered with the beep of the phone lady. she would call again, but first she would leave a message or two.  

nini sat on her bed with her ukulele on her lap, her arms supporting it while she strummed the notes. 

"hey, its nini, havent heard from you in months.. i guess that promise that you made me 5 months ago, didnt mean that much to you. at all.

sorry for 57th call.." she laughed humorlessly, a tinge of heartbreak evident. 

"i miss you a lot.." she chuckled again, a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

voice mail #58: from nina

nini sat on her bed, a week from the last message. she stayed quiet for a few minutes before lifting her ukulele up again, playing the notes softly. 

"hey its nini, heard your new song the other day." she smiled, thinking of how amazing ricky's life must be right now. 

"seems you've fallen for a girl with bright blue eyes and pretty blonde hair." her smile faltered into a frown, thinking of ricky holding lily in his arms, where she should be..

"she seems so nice.. i guess this is goodbye.." a quiet sob could be heard from the brunette, she wasnt ready for the next line, but she was sure ricky would be glad to hear it. 

"shes by your side." rivers of tears seemed to be falling from her eyes now as she hummed a melody, whispering a few things. 

"oh, its what you do to me.. oh, its what you do to me."  she finished with a sob and hung up. her hands moved to her face, as if she was shielding herself from anymore heartbreak..

-

word count: 313