03 - meet me at our spot

IN WHICH two teens exchange notes to meet at their spot. 

when i wake up, i can't even stay up. 

richard bowen, more commonly known as ricky, laid with his head on his arms, which were situuated on his desk. he snored quietly, his dreams full of weird hotdog men being attacked by mustard soldiers (he's hungry). he jumped when a ruler slapped his desk loudly, "jeez!"

his teacher, mr. sweeney, shot him a glare. "mr. bowen, you fall asleep in my class one more time and you'll have detention." ricky became flustered quickly, feeling the eyes of every student in the room on him. he nodded subtly, sitting up in his seat. 

meet me at our spot. 

a few minutes later, the boy turned quickly, nearly smashing his elbow against his seat, when he felt a ball of paper hit his head. it read;

meet me at our spot, got something i want to show u. <3 

                                                         - nini 

ricky grinned to himself, turning around to see nini. she was focusing on the board, but could see ricky out of the corner of her eye. she grinned cheekily, turning to him. ricky's eyes glowed when he locked eyes with his girlfriend, who blew him a kiss right when the bell rang. 

caught a vibe, baby are you coming for the ride?

nini walked to a secluded area behind the large playground in the park a few blocks away from her house. it had a perfect view of the lake, and was hidden with shrubbery and cherry blossom trees, along with a gorgeous weeping willow. she had set up a small picnic for her and ricky. nini sat down while waiting, her legs swinging over the edge of the small cliff above the bay. 

about five minutes later ricky showed up, sneaking into the area to see his girlfriend. he snuck up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her up to give her a hug from behind. she shrieked before realizing who it was, afterwards the loud noise morphing into a hearty laugh. she turned her head and kissed her boyfriend happily, gazing into his eyes. 

when we take a drive maybe we can hit the 405. 

ricky ran after nini, "hey! stop!" his voice was laced with laughter. when he caught up to her, he pulled her arm that was reaching for the door handle gently. "only i open the door." he spoke, followed by "now i feel accomplished. you were trying to bruise my ego, how unproperly." he fake pouted, which lead to a loud laugh from nini. he closed the door, walking around the front of the car and getting in on the other side. 

"can we drive down 405? i like it, its my favorite highway." nini giggled airily, moving a strand of hair behind her ear. "of course, whatever you wish, m'lady." nini flushed, "well arent you being gentlemanly today." 

"is that even a word?" 

"i dont know!"

hypnotized by the lights, man this must be the life. 

ricky held nini's hand while they drove through the large highway, which was surprisingly quiet at 9 o'clock p.m. nini had begun to get tired, so they were on their way home. the girl stared at the lights the passed, the bright colors reflecting in her dark brown, nearly black in the lighting, optics. her hair was up in a sloppy ponytail, which ricky loved oh so much. 

"go to sleep, darling." ricky muttered soothingly, to which nini responded with an inaudible murmur. "what was that?" 

"i love you, goodnight ricky." 

"i love you too. now rest." he spoke, turning down taylor swift's album, folklore. nini hummed along until she slowly crept into a peaceful sleep. 

the only thought in ricky's mind that night as he looked at his girlfriend was, "man, this must be the life." 

word count: 643