Chapter Eighteen

Heat was the first thing Light noticed when his eyes fluttered open. Looking down at his chest he found a sleeping detective pressed against him. How sweet, he thought, listening to the soft sighs. Gingerly, he moved the strands of hair from out of the pretty boy's face, allowing him to view his delicate features properly. His smooth skin glowed under the dull slits of light from the adjustable lamp beside the bed. Unlike yesterday when his eyes glowed dominantly and his face contorted into pleasure, his expression spelt peace. He looked incredibly sweet, Light concluded as the desire to pull the man closer and fall back asleep emerged, that was before he looked at his watch noticing it was nearly midday.

Realising this he felt his stomach stir and the urge to eat was increasing by the second. Hesitantly, he pried himself from the warm embrace of his lover, just before running his hand one last time through the dark locks and giving him a quick peck on the forehead. Today he would make lunch and this time he would spoil L. The craving for something sweet crept upon him. It wasn't often a desire he had but after drinking last night his body called out for something a little unhealthy. Quickly freshening up, he made his way into the kitchen.

Gathering his ingredients, he mixed up the egg batter before dipping his bread and frying. The smell of the sweet and sticky syrup and the cut-up fruity banana wafted through the room it made him sigh in contentment, it was nearly ready now.

"Morning," a groaning voice called out.

"Morning Mihael," Light exclaimed not removing his eyes from the pan, noticing how the unenthusiastic figure walked slowly closer and closer.

"Oh, thank fuck, you're making food. I'm going to die if I don't eat anything," He exclaimed.

"You know you could manifest or cook yourself? Why don't you take some medicine you don't look too good,".

"That's exactly what I wanted to do but it seems that I'm unable to concentrate, every time I think about making anything my stomach does flips," He exclaimed putting his fist to his mouth.

"Sit down, I'll make you some medicine but eat something before you take it, honestly you shouldn't drink so much, actually I think we have all been drinking too much lately,".

"Agreed," he stated, putting his head against the table and taking a small sip of the coffee Light had just made for himself before pushing it away feeling nauseous. "But I don't regret it, that was the most fun I've had in a long time," he mumbled.

"We did have fun, didn't we?" Light commented happily, handing over a white tablet and a plate full of French toast. Soon came Misa but unlike Mello who felt sick, her head felt as though it was splitting into two. Light quietly made her a plate and made sure that they both were drinking water and had everything they needed. He also gave Misa a slice of toast and a pill though she looked as though she was not in the mood for it. The joint room held a sofa which he transformed into a cosy bed; he also manifested a tv remembering how that used to help him when he was little with nausea.

As he was plating the last French toast, he felt arms snake around him and a hot body push into his back.

"So, this is where you went, I was disappointed when you weren't in bed," L whispered in Light's ear. A grin formed instantly upon the brunette's face as his lover started to kiss his neck.

"I was making breakfast, hmm L," Light groaned before realising the two blondes were still here and moved back quickly.

"Here take this," he exclaimed passing the plate over to L who only grinned and winked cheekily.

Light never considered that after some sexual contact, L could look and behave so naughty. Awkward and overly honest is how Light would have explained L's social behaviour. Yet now he acted smoothly, teasingly and he certainly couldn't complain but it was clear something had woken up inside L, something he wouldn't mind getting used to.