Chapter 2

Minho's P.O.V

I scowl at the doctor in the room with me.

"Where'd you take (y/n)?" I ask for the umpteenth time. She sighs irritably.

"I don't know, I'm just in charge of you. Chair, please." I cross my arms, refusing to budge. Two guards point their launchers at me. For a moment, I debate on whether or not I could take them.

Probably not, I'm not (y/n). Despite my situation, a small smile threatens to show at the thought of (y/n) kicking their asses.

One of the launchers begins to emit the tell-tale signs of being charged up, blue sparks of electricity dancing around the muzzle.

"Okay, okay, I got it."

I look at the chair suspiciously. It resembles a dentist's chair but with... straps? A wave of apprehension washes over me.

"What are you doing to me?" The doctor follows my line of sight to the restraining straps around the arm and leg rests.

"Oh, those are... just for show." She smiles at me stiffy, the smile not reaching her eyes.

"If you say so." I settle down into the chair uncertainly. Instantly, the two guards approach and start strapping me down.

"Hey I thought you said they were just for sho-" The doctor cuts me off, plunging a syringe into my neck.

My nerves light on fire, and I squeeze my eyes shut in pain as a burning spreads over my body. A sudden burst of light erupts behind my eyelids, making me gasp in shock. When I open my eyes again, I've been transported to a different place.

Grass. Sunlight. Birds. The humid air. Four concrete walls trapping me in a box.

The maze.

"What..."

No. This has to be a dream.

I pinch my arm just for good measure, expecting to wake up and see the doctor's ugly face again. Instead, I'm met with very real pain.

"What the shuck," I mutter under my breath, beginning to question my sanity. Falling to my knees, I grab a clump of grass, yanking it out of the ground. My heart plummets when dirt from the uprooted plants sprays across my trousers, leaving a light sprinkling of brown.

Terror twists itself like a knife in my heart as I slowly stand up again, dusting myself off.

Did they send me back to the maze again, but with memories this time? Are they repeating the cycle all over again? But I know the way out now, did they add a twist? Am I just another rat in one of their shucked up experiments?

The questions I'm mentally asking myself are leaving my head pounding uncomfortably. I gulp nervously, realising that if the maze is indeed restarting, I'll be on my own for a month.

"My god, how did Alby manage," I grumble, kicking at the dirt.

A flash of movement in my peripheral catches my attention. I turn to face it, eyes darting around the edges of the semi abandoned little huts and shelters reminiscent of my original maze.

I could have sworn that was-

Another flash, on the opposing side of my vision now. This time, there's no mistaking it.

"Hey! (Y/n)!"

I start spinning in circles, desperately trying to seek out the girl. But she's moving impossibly fast, beyond a human's capabilities. In a way, I'm not surprised, but this is far from natural.