Chapter 11: Butterflies

After successful completion of getting both the dress and invitation, it was time for us to start the move. The party was tomorrow and so far none of us can sleep.

We were all gathered at my penthouse, drinking beers and calming our anxiety. It's not a lie that we were worried about tomorrow, but as a fact, we also wanted to get it over with.

Everyone was excited and nervous but it was me who was dying from anxiety. They all had a better deal with them but I was stuck with Leonard.

It's not me who gets nervous around a male, I know that very well but just hearing his name is scaring me. I don't know what he looks,  I don't know if I can spot his tattoo or even figure out it's him, there are so many unanswered questions that are giving me insomnia but one thing is for sure. Tomorrow either everything ends or......... I don't want to say it and jinx it so I'll just leave it with or. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

(The day of Leonard's success party)

"Veronica, you done?" Lexi called out from the room,

No, I wasn't, the dress Lucas gave me is really impossible to wear "Lexi get in and help me with the dress" I yelled after my failed attempts to lock the sleeves with the necklace.

The necklace and sleeves are joined together with the gold chains that flows back down till my hips. Since it's a backless dress the chains will be the major highlight of my dress not only in the front but also from the back.

"Are you kidding me, you're not even ready?" she said looking at my disheveled self,

"Well then stop standing there and help me for god's sake"

After thirty-five minutes of disentangling the chains and finding the correct right and front face, I was ready.

Lexi looked at me, her hands resting on her hips "holy cow Veronica, if this doesn't tempt him then I can personally say he's gay"

Lexi's expression is what I expected to get in return. This dress will be my ticket to that jerk, if he's really a womanizer then I can say one thing, he will lust over me.

"Let's go," Lexi said after painting my face with her professional makeup art.

Before leaving I took a last view of myself in the mirror just to make sure everything is correct. The dress looked sexy, my hair had a messy open bun look that complimented my lacey high heels. The whole look screamed seduction and that is what I was looking for.

I closed the bedroom door and walked straight to the living room where everyone was waiting for me.

They all were ready. Ed wore a beautiful black and white suit with a bow in the front whereas Aiden wore a black shirt rolled up to his arms with a going red tie.

Lexi on the other hand wore a silver off-shoulder mini dress with black boots that went up till her knees. I told her to wear something simple and less eye-catching but never in the million years would she listen to me.

As soon as I entered the living room, I heard few gasps. They all were staring at me with their mouth wide open except Lexi cause she just complimented me.

Now the reaction they are showing me better work on Leonard as well.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Ed groaned, his voice again sounding a little different than his usual self,

"What? you don't like it?"

He eyed me up and down before taking a deep breath " it's really revealing"