Chapter 3- Less is More

"Waeeee???" Aishh of all days to forget my precious wallet, it had to be today. I'm terribly hungry, I can't stand it anymore.

"Miss, it costs 14, 200 won. Are you gonna pay or not?"

"I am. Just wait a minute...Chotto matte kudasai." She raised a brow not fully understanding what I just said. But I really can't find even a penny inside my bag.

"I'll pay for it." Eh? What is this punk trying to--- "Here."

Jin-Ah!!!!

"N-No thanks, Miss. I'll just leave these things here."

"But you look so hungry..." We stared at the cakes on top of the counter. She's right, I'm famished and I can devour a bag full of these things in just a whim. "Just take it, lady. I won't be at a loss if you accept my kindness. It seems to me that you badly need it."

Both Jin-Ah and the store lady looked at me from head to toe. Ah, I'm still in that lazy outfit of mine. My sweater and jeans had been worn over three times already without washing. Of course, I had to keep the act through my appearance but above all... I forgot to take them out of my bag yesterday. In my previous life, I don't bring clothes to work since my office is close to my condo unit. So, eh...

"Fine. I'll take it, thanks." She smiled ever so brightly while the store lady was packing my cakes. Ohhh Goody-goody-goody. If only this face could show my utmost happiness. Seriously, no one can tell if Shin-Ah is really happy or not. Her eyes look like she's been sleep deprived while her smile is just so weak. She looks like she's terminally ill when she actually isn't.

"I see you here quite often. It's a shame that I never found out about your name." Ohh this kid's voice is so calm and comforting. That stupid Jin-Woo, ignoring her trauma and then suddenly it disappeared just like that!? Shame on that bastard. "I'm Sung Jin-Ah, by the way. What's your name?"

"Ah...I'm Shin-Ah." I noticed the only energy bar she's holding. "Because of me, you only had that."

"Ah, this. It's fine. Are you good with just cakes, though? I think you need real food." Wahhh. This child is shining, I can't with this. Hashtag, protect this child at all cost. "As I've said, I keep seeing you at this time of the night here in this convenience store. You keep ordering the same thing. I don't mean to be rude but you looked like the type of person who lacks the basic necessities of life."

"Is that so..." That's a compliment for me since this is the kind of impression Shin-Ah wants to leave among people she met. But all of that is about to change once my father announces the new heir of the LSY Group. Shin-Ah will probably miss this life of small freedom.

"Aya. I don't want to come off as a disrespectful person."

"No, it's perfectly fine!" Is she already in college at this time? Since there are no more gates or monsters that will come and hurt her just because Jin-Woo's shadows are following her -- Wait a second. 

"Hm? What's wrong Shin-Ah unnie?" I'm forgetting something...

How could I have not noticed it from the beginning? As I looked behind her, the shadows she was casting was definitely looking at us. Their presence is becoming more and more familiar to my body. This heavy feeling of intimidation. How am I seeing this? Why? How did I acquire this ability?

No, Shin-Ah! Look away! He's probably watching over his sister. I hope it did not notice my gaze. From what I saw, it was the three high orcs. What the fuck is he thinking about leaving Jin-Ah with those three? They're emitting so much energy my body almost can't take it. What if evil spirits start charging towards this eminent power? These three might be powerful, but once a horde detects this much, they probably won't be able to handle it.

"Miss Jin-Ah. It's been bothering me for a while but I hope it does not scare you."

"Oh, what is it?"

"Miss Jin-Ah, ponder about this more. The more beautiful a person is, the more danger will come its way. I'm not just speaking about the person's outer appearance, but the person's aura as well. Spiritually speaking, if a person emits an oozing amount of energy, the more danger it attracts. Sometimes having less is enough to protect oneself. Tell your family that as well..."

"What sort of nonsense are you spouting unnie? Y-you're scaring me a bit."

"I'm not trying to scare you at all." Now I'm a weirdo with strange glares and strange words who is also as penniless as a beggar. I'm probably crazy in her eyes right now. "Haist, I'll head on out first. It's just my sixth sense talking but please think about it more."

"W-wait a minute." It's better to get away from them as soon as possible. I'll have to figure out how to handle Sung Jin-Woo without personally meeting that guy. It's an advantage that I'm seeing his shadows. It will show me where to go and where not to go.

Next week will be an important one as I will be organizing two days of meetings with the Baek-Ho Group. If it's Baek-Ho, then it's got to be Baek Yoon-Ho that I'm going to dine with. Aish, author-nim, I know nothing about this guy because you carelessly focused on the main character. Ah... It's Solo Leveling, after all. OF COURSE EVERYONE'S FOCUSING ON THE MAIN CHARACTER-- the only one who's able to level up. Haist. I'll just go through his files instead.

"M'lady." I'm finally home. "What is that?"

"Ah...Hand this out to the maids. But leave the strawberry cake for me. I'll be changing my clothes for a bit."

"Yes, M'lady." I gave him a bag full of all sorts of cake then went upstairs to take a bath and change clothes. After changing, I grabbed my journal and wrote a couple of stuff. 

"Should I stop going to that store?" But Shin-Ah really likes the food there and, not gonna lie, I do too. I can't be affected by all of this. Shin-Ah is not a weak person nor is she in a frail body but she can't fight against Jin-Woo's shadows. If I can't kill Jin-Woo, he'll kill me instead and I can't have that now. I have to know more about Shin-Ah and the justice she seeks. The reason why she wanted to take her own life.

"I'll just keep myself from noticing the shadows until I'm completely announced." Besides, I'll probably be standing away from that guy since Aeon Tech is going to partner with an app developer in China. 

The idea was originally just scraped from Shin-Ah's notes when she started learning about the family business as it was assigned to her by her brother. In the end, he got all the credits for it and I was left unnoticed. It did not matter to Shin-Ah at all but this time, Shin-Ah has a card she never had and that is me. And I happened to know someone whom I can use to flourish there. Someone who'll be useful in this timeline. Insert evil laugh.

*cough cough*

First things first, Baek-Ho.