Chapter 26 - Sung Grandma

"Is he your body guard?" Soohyun whispered to me. It's not like he can't hear us, no? He's literally sitting just three tables away from us. After the traffic that Jin-Woo caused just a few minutes ago, we came to the decision to just have a meeting in one of Areum's restaurants. I don't know how she juggles her work as an actress and her managing a freaking restaurant, but she's definitely thriving.

"Neh, I'm his useless servant whom he just keeps around because I asked him not to kill me." I straightened my posture. "Exactly like how I'm working with you two now."

Since I am at the center of all of this mess, in order to survive, I have to somehow convince the two of them that I will eventually get all the answers they need. There's no way in hell I'd know how to do that. I barely know anything. But since my life is on the line, I have to cooperate.

"Right..." Ah. He's making all of us uncomfortable by how he stares. It's like he's aiming for our souls if we don't get this over with as soon as possible. I shook my head to avert my attention.

"Areum," I called. "We both know our fathers aren't innocent." Her mood quickly changed to one that was concerned yet not indenial. "So, why don't you tell me what you know so we can both take my father down together." 

I suggested with a big smile on my face. Before they recommend that they assume control over creating plans, it is best to get straight to the point.

"I do know something but I won't be giving you any information. I'm giving it to him." She pointed at Jin-Woo. She really doesn't trust me, huh. (^_^*)

"Then why the hell did you kidnap me instead?" I managed to keep a smiling face despite being pissed.

"I don't know." I can see her frustration brewing in her eyes. I doubt their family is only maintaining their façade for the public while internally crumbling. Although it wasn't how my past life had gone, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Areum. Seriously, why do I feel sorry for the nameless characters?

"Maybe out of spite. I thought you too were behind my father's assassination. Maybe I could have my revenge now that I caught you."

"Your father's men were outnumbered by Lee Sol Gyoung. Do you really think you can get away with kidnapping her daughter?"

"Bro, shut up." Sooyhun threw a plastic ornament the was innocently placed in the middle of the table at Jin-Woo. He caught it though.

"We might do just that in the future, though." They all looked at me with a brow raised. "Ah. I was just thinking of ways to bait my father. And besides, there's one more person in my memory that I have yet to meet."

"Who?"

They were all confused, for sure. But I can't possibly just blurt out my suspicions especially when I can't fully trust all of them to not turn their back on me.

"From what I know, the minister invested in an experiment that occurred within the LSY Corp many many years ago." I spoke directly to Areum. "It's likely that my father wanted the Minister to avoid speaking. The Minister chose to attack me instead because they were at odds, in the hopes of compounding his investment tenfold. Let's assume that you and your father shared the same intention to kidnap me in order to exact revenge on the entire LSY."

Jin-Woo dragged his chair and rubbed his head sluggishly towards our direction. He seated himself next to us in an unassuming manner.

"Oi, do you have a soft copy of all the data you've collected?" (¬_¬"). Why is he acting like a yakuza in front of Areum?

But then Areum just tossed to the center of the table a flash drive. This might be what Jin-Woo was asking for. He inspected it and then placed it inside his pockets, stood up and looked at me.