Chapter 22 - Black Butterfly

I couldn't sleep that night thinking about what me and Hae-In talked about. The fact that this heart of mine, or brain, or body, or whatever Lee Shin-Ah-ish, is in love with Jin-Woo is still mind boggling to me.

It's actually embarrassing that it's one sided. Lee Shin-Ah was the girl Jin-Woo never noticed. And let's be honest. If I weren't the heiress of LSY group of companies and the granddaughter of Go Gunhee, he wouldn't bat an eye on me.

I went outside the hotel to its little park that had a tropical theme for design or something. From here, I can also see the cottage houses that are availed by guests who want an entire house to stay at.

It's a bit chili tonight. I brushed my hands on both of my shoulders to warm myself up a bit. Only a few rooms were lit, a sign that it's already a bit late for a walk. Scratch that, it IS TOO late to promenade. Tss. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"You didn't even bother to bring one maid."

I decided to go the onsen place of the hotel when all of a sudden, a knife and a torso of a man had me sandwiched in between. I rolled my eyes and gently raised my hands.

"What do you want from me?" I was only wearing my favorite sweater and a pair of thick sweatpants. I don't know how they figured out that I'd be here. The meeting with Mr. Lui was confidential. None of the board members, especially the government, would've gotten their hands on my schedule.

"So you've been following me for quite some time--" he placed it even closer that I almost felt my heart stopping. "You're not here to kill me."

"We just need a little more information." His voice was a bit coarse and unfamiliar. They really prepared funds for back up after backup assassins.

"Like what?"

"Not here, my lady."

"Eghr!" Ewwww he licked my earlobe! With one hand on my waist and his knife on my throat, he pulled me back to the darkness.

Oh come on! I regret going outside for some fresh air.

"I'm afraid the boss only wants information, Miss Lee. After this, you'll have to say your last words to Daddy Lee."

Another guy in a black turtle neck and suit appeared as my eyes were adjusting to see in the dark.

"It's so dumb to tell your intentions before killing someone. What if the person survives--"

"Then we'll make sure you don't." The lizard guy's at it again. Pulling me tighter towards him. I'm not gonna die via knife penetration, I'm gonna die being disgusted by this man. Ewww eww eww!

"So. Where's the asset?"

"I don't know-Ahh!" Lizard man whirled and pushed me to the wall of the establishment. I groaned in pain. He's strong but it was so unnecessary to push me that hard.

*Cough cough

"We're not joking around, Miss Lee." I quivered in fear as the second guy pointed a gun at me.

"We need to hurry, Hamil. Others are not picking up. It's only a matter of time before we get caught."

I started chuckling despite my lungs getting crushed by my own muscles.

"Man, they left out the dumb ones."

"Shut up! I said shut up!" He points the knife at me once again while I'm getting cold from the damp pavement. 

'You'll only get yourself hurt if you provoke these thugs some more' Is what my head is saying. But I'm too much of a butthurt as of the moment that I'm also being triggered by cheap stakes like these ones.