Chapter 31 - This is My Conclusion

"You remember everything."

"Ah. You can say that..." I almost broke my act upon hearing those words in his voice.

"Then why are you lying to everyone?"

"Because the God I worked with in the other world told me so. Shin-Ah would never allow the old Jin-Woo to show affection towards her for she would not believe it. This is the closest I've gotten to her. And so, while I'm still in this form, I want to continue being close to her."

I don't get it. I've always been honest towards him so why did he have to deceive me like this? I even confessed to him as I was looking at his original form. And why did he hurt his mom earlier by not telling the truth that he recognized her?

"You lied, even to your mother." It's like my grandfather was voicing out the thoughts in my head.

"I was shocked to see her this morning. But I eventually told her the truth when Shin-Ah left."

"Do you not realize that this will only suffocate her? I get that you want to be with my granddaughter, but didn't you swear to protect her? With you powerless right now..."

"My powers had been regenerating at a faster rate than the first time. I just don't want her to push me away, that's why I'm taking this vulnerable appearance of mine to my full advantage."

"Isn't that a bit obsessive?"

"You're right." I felt his hand brush over my cheek. It's cold. "But she's so close to me right now. For four thousand years, I finally came back home to her. All those pain and trauma that I learned to live by, I could finally feel safe once again because I'm with her. For the first time in a while, I became selfish and desperate. Can't I just savor this moment while I'm still with her?"

I should feel bad. I should pity myself for being toyed with like that. But I like him a lot so instead of hating him, I feel like celebrating. That's not the ideal reaction! I want to spank myself already just so I can get my head out of the gutter.

"If you have most of your strength back, just transfer Shin-Ah to her room. She'll get a heavy neck pain in the morning if she stays in that position." I heard my grandfather's footsteps vanish after a while. Only Jin-Woo and I were left in the room.

It's a bit embarrassing but I allowed him to carry me bridal style. His arms felt bigger, and his chest was broader. He's back to his normal form. It only took a second to lay me on the bed. He must've just used teleportation. I didn't feel his weight on the bed with me. So perhaps he didn't plan on staying that long.

"Master, you can't sustain this form for more than 50 seconds. You have to get back before you lose consciousness again."

"Oh, right." It went silent for a bit. And then voices that seemed to have inhaled some helium spoke.

"The mistress is rather cold tonight."

"Should we bring more quilts?"

"I want to sleep with the Mistress. Can we sleep here?"

"The Mistress is so fun to tease."

"I wonder what she's dreaming of."

"We can just see for ourselves."

"Let her sleep in peace." I felt that I was the only one in the room so I opened my eyes. They indeed left. I immediately got up and held my mouth. My face was burning, I knew my cheeks were red the entire time. 

Did he not realize I was just faking sleep? Why didn't he just break my act for me? Did he not want to hear my response?

It's so confusing yet my heart's already wanting to burst out of my chest to celebrate some victory. I pursed laughter. Am I really gonna do it? Well, there's no going back now. I raised my fist in the air feeling so determined. He forced me to confess my feelings, so he'll just have to deal with it whether he's ready for it or not.