Chapter 6: Back Together

*Blackpaw's POV*

I sat with a thump. The love of my life (or atleast, I thought he was the love of my life) had just walked out of the camp because I was toungue tied. Just great! I clawed the groung angrily, pulling out clumps of dirt. Crowpaw walked up to me. "Back from the pa- Blackpaw! Are you okay?" he mewed. I looked up, my eyes blazing. "Fi-Fine", I replied weakly. My eyes fluttered and I fell to the ground. 

When I woke up, I was in the medicine den.  Leafsplash was preparing a poultice farther back into the den. She turned to see me awake and started. "Oh, Blackpaw. I'm afraid you have a fever", she mewed. My mouth felt dry and hot and so did the rest of me. She dipped moss into a pool of water in the den and set it by my muzzle. "Thank you", I mumbled. I lapped at the cool, wet moss. Moonheart mewed from the entrance,"Can I come in?" "Yes", Leafsplash replied. Moonheart poked her head in. "She's awake!" she mewed, looking at me. "When do you think she'll be alble to resume her training?" Moonheart asked after a moment. "When she recovers", Duckwing replied with a snort from further within the den. I struggled to my paws. "I'm recovered", I mewed, trying to sound like I really was. "Oh no, you're not", Leafsplash mewed, pushing me back into my nest with her tail. I glared at her. "I am, too", I argued. "No, you're not. End of discussion", Duckwing mewed firmly, emerging from the shadows of the den. I hrumphed. He walked out of the den, murmuring something to Leafsplash as he went. Leafsplash flicked her tail in his face, rolling her eyes. 

                                                    *Off Blackpaw's POV*

Streampaw sneaked into the den. He looked at Blackpaw wistfully, her fur shining. That was all I needed. To see if she was okay, he told himself. But seeing her lying there so peacfully drew him forward. He curled his lean body around hers and was at first startled at the warmth of her fur. Blackpaw stirred, but did not wake up. Streampaw closed his eyes and fell asleep. 

Blackpaw woke to feel a body near hers. She sniffed the air. Streampaw! She turned to look at him. His eyes were closed and he looked happy and at peace. I shouldn't wake him, she thought. She turned carefully and got comfortable next to him. This is the way it should be.