Why?

Hope you all like this story. Please leave a comment on what you think and whether I should keep writing things like this. Enjoy xxx

Introduction.

People change, but it's not always for the better. We all have secrets, walking through life never telling a soul. Who ever finds out must die. That is our way of life. It's the only way we've managed to survive in this world, mortals believe they know us. But they don't they never have and never 

Chapter One. 

Why?

It all hapened so fast. I can remember every pain infested scream, I remember the way she smiled at me... as she killed me. Back then we were best friends, me and Jamie, she would be the giggly one that made everyone laugh, I was the best friend that liked to laugh with her (even though it wasn't as much, or as loud). 

Her name was Jamie Smith, we always used to hang out together, we always had so much fun. That's what made it so much harder to believe, it was so difficult to understand that my best friend, the girl that always laughed... was my killer.

"Remember this, Yuki Toyama... you no longer are part of the living world, you died alongside your friend... you're both dead." Those were the last words I heard the night of my murder.

"Yuki are you awake?" asked a familiar voice. I struggled to get out of bed as I yelled back. 

"Yeah Eva! I'm up!" Eva was the first person I met when i joined the group. Blood.

"Hurry up! breakfast is ready. You need to hurry and get dressed so you can eat, then it'll be time for work!"

"Ok. Ok, I'll be out soon!" She always has been impatient. I quickly ran downstairs to the dining room. The moment my bare feet touched the cold wooden floor I was suddenly overpowered with the rushing hugs of the children from next door, they always come over for breakfast in the morning.

"Yuki you took ages" said Eva, just as I had managed to pry the three young children off of my back, arm and waist.

"Sorry Eva, I didn't realise." 

"Hehehe Eva told Yuki off again." I could hear the little boy Kanato giggling behind me. The other children Madison and Lucy laughed with him.

"Oh you think it's funny do you?" I turned to them with an evil smile. 

"Run!" Yelled Kanato as the three children joined him in the garden running away from the white haired beast (that was their nickname for me whenever we were playing together).

"Guys! Yuki! Breakfast is getting cold!" This time Eva screamed my name, so I knew she meant business. We were all gestured to sit at the table and eat our breakfast.

"You ready Eva? It's time to go to work". No answer. I walked into the living room to find it empty, then the dining room, then all the rooms upstairs as well as the kitchen. Nothing. I went into the garden, I wished I hadn't. Standing there on the grass was Eva, staring down at the three dead children that lay at her feet.

"I don't know what happened Yuki, honestly. I just came outside to tell them we were leaving, I didn't do this, you know I wouldn't."

"I know you didn't do this Eva, you would never hurt the children." I knelt to the ground and picked up the childrens hands one by one, they were cold and bare.

"I'm going to call the police." Said Eva.

"No." I replied with no hestitation.

"Why not Yuki? They're dead. We have to call the police." She just stood there and stared at me, tears forming in her eyes, just waiting for my answer.