Chapter 2- Yuki?

Authors note: sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than the other one, the next chapter will be longer. enjoy don't forget to comment xxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

Yuki?

It's been about two weeks since Eva died. Everything seems different like everything that was once good, is now filled with sadness.

"Yuki you in there?" Called a familiar voice, it was Hikaru, my new comrade that was meant to replace her and any thoughts I had of her, but it was no use... I couldn't stop thinking about it all and whether I could've stopped it somehow.

"Yeah, you can come in if you want" I called back. He didn't hesitate to open the door and come in like Eva would've. As always he'd open the door to let himself in, then he'd walk around the room sticking close to the walls in order to get to the desk on the other side of the room.

"What are you so scared of? Me? You always walk in trying your best to avoi contact with me, you should know by now, I'm not going to kill you, Eva shot herself, I didn't kill her. Everyone here does that, they try to avoid me. Well guess what Eva was one of the people that convinced me that a human life could mean something, that it was ok to feel things and to try and understand them. Do you honestly think that after all this time of learning these things and trying to understand them, that I would kill anyone, especially the girl that taught me these things in the first place.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise that her death effected you too, I guess it would you lived together, you were friends, it must be hard for you." He was right, even though I'm still not too good with feelings, guilt is still an emotion I can feel... all too well. I moved out of my old house (that was shared with Eva) because there were just too many memories, memories of me and her. Too much death happened in that house. He was right abut me being effected by it, she really was one of my best friends and just like that she was able to vanish.

"No, I'm sorry, I just started yelling at you. Just remember I wouldn't hurt or kill anyone without a reason. He looked at me like he was at a loss for words. I wanted to quickly change the subject in order to get out of this awkward situation.

"So... what's in the bag?" He averted his gaze from me to the plastic bag he had placed on my desk and smiled.

"You can't smell it?" He asked.

"No. What is it?" He smiled again, obviously he expected me to know what it was.

"It's Julia's new way to transport blood, it blocks out the smell so that Shadow Crawlers Pure Blooded or not wouldn't be able to smell it and follow the people transporting it."

"Then if that's what it was, why were you so suprised when I couldn't smell it?"

"I didn't think it would work, that's why." He seemed to have forgotten the previous subject, so I did too."

"Oh."

"Yeah, well here's a pint of blood for you." Wait he brought it here, so that I could have it?

"Um thanks, you really saved me some trouble. Walking to the blood bank was becoming troublesome."

"No worries." He'd managed to get himself comfortable and walked towards me as he placed the blood on the coffee table in front of me, and decided to sit on my bed.

"Hurry up and get ready, we need to meet up with James so we can dispose of a group of Shadow Crawlers." Hurry up huh? that's exactly what Eva used to say. Maybe things won't be so different.