10

Luka's POV

~Three Months Ago~

My foot tapped as I leaned against the brick building. Music blasted from my headphones as I stood waiting.

Waiting for something or someone to make my life more interesting than it was now. The days kept repeating, never ending it seemed.

I was desperate for it to stop.

I needed change.

*Crash*

My eyes faltered as the large building not 50 meters away from me collapsed.

Screams emerged from every corner. It couldn't be an akuma, this building was purposely smashed to the ground.

I jogged to my car and went to open the door.

"Luka! You need to get out of here!" A voice yelled.

Without hesitation, I turned around with wide eyes. Marinette was running towards me with panic imbedded in her eyes.

"Luka get in your car and drive!"

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards my car, intending to save her from whatever was going on but instead she shook her arm away.

"I need to go help people Luka, go!"

Shocked, I watched her run into an alleyway.

My eyes shifted between my car and the alleyway. Instead of listening to my brain I listened to my heart.

Cars and trucks flew by my peripheral vision as my feet repeatedly left the ground. I turned the corner to see a large pink flash and the girl I thought I knew being turned into an all to familiar superhero.

No. She couldn't be.

Not wasting a single second, I turned around and sprinted to my vehicle.

Maybe finding this out wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

~End of Flashback~
————

Adrien's POV

"Get him!" Luka shouted.

The door to the basement soon whipped to the side as I ran down the stairs.

"Marinette!"

There she sat, on the floor chained to the wall.

Tears welled my eyes as I ran towards her and dropping to my knees, kissing her softly.

"I missed you." I cried.

"I missed you too Adrien. We need to get me out of these quick."

Loud steps became closer and closer as I tried to unlock the chains.

A snap could be heard from the chains breaking open.

Marinette's POV

Adrien grabbed my hand and we flew through the basement looking for a window.

"The bathroom window. I broke it already."

I lead him towards it and as we entered we saw the shards of glass still surrounding the place where the window would've been.

"Adrien!" Yelled Luka with a very deep voice.

Adrien's eyes met mine.

"You get out first, i'll be right after you." he urged.

Agreeing, I hopped up and made my way out of the window. I grabbed the ledge and pulled myself through the window, slicing and scraping my arms, legs, and stomach on the shattered glass.

My eyes winced as I whined in pain.

Finally, I was out and I didn't know how much longer Adrien had to get out in time.

His pupils met mine as he jumped up towards me, not caring about the glass puncturing his hands.

"Be careful!" I cried.

As he grabbed the top of the frame to pull himself through, a shard of glass hit the top of his head.

"Shit! Adrien! We need to get out of here!"

Luka and Kagami entered the bathroom, with knives in their hands, ready to stab.

"This will only hurt a little Adrien."

Kagami stepped forwards and Adrien pulled his last body part, his foot, through the door.

Squinting, I prepared for the worst. My hands shook and I pulled him through.

Kagami's knife broke the skin of Adrien's foot, resulting in him whimpering.

He made it all the way out of the frame and I ran but soon realized Adrien was limping slowly.

I wrapped his arm around mine for support as we walked as fast as possible to his car.

His blonde hair suddenly turned a crimson red, spreading profusely with no mercy.

Horror shook through me as I focused on his head.

———
I'm so sorry this took so long. I hope you all are doing good!