Enter A Blind Ninja?

[Edited 6/19/24]

Today was the day the teams would finally be put together, and everyone was excited to find out what team they would be on. Everyone talked as Iruka came in and told the class to quiet down, only for them not to listen to him. Getting annoyed that his students weren't listening to him, Iruka used his special big head jutsu and yelled at everyone.

"Quiet!" he yelled, his voice echoing loudly, shaking the window glass, getting everyone to stop and quiet down. 

"Thank you. Now, I shall announce the teams. This year, we have a special team with four people instead of three, per Hokage's wishes," Iruka announced. Almost the second he mentioned this, the class started talking again and ignored Iruka. 

"SHUT UP!" he yelled again, getting the class to stop talking. Now I will start announcing teams," he said as he started calling out names for different teams. "Team 7 will consist of Sasuke Uchiha... Sakura Haruno... Naruto Uzumaki... and Ren Kumiho," he called out. Once Iruka said the last name, everyone was confused about who Ren was.

"Sir, there is no Ren Kumiho in this class," Sakura said, voicing many's confusion.

"What are you talking about, Sakura? He's right there," Shikamaru drawled, lazily pointing to the back of the class. The class turned to look, their curiosity piqued by the introduction of this mysterious student no one seemed to know existed in their class, Ren Kumiho.

Ren was sitting alone in the top row, unnoticed by everyone else. The boy was 5' 2" with dark skin and dark, messy copper hair with a long fringe down the left side and a cowlick. His hair fell over his eyes, covered by a black cloth, and his hands were covered by black skintight fingerless gloves, which stopped below his elbow. He was wearing a muted red zipper vest with black lining and a high collar, a pair of semi-tight black pants, tucking into black sandals with his ninja headband tied around his right bicep. His arms were covered in scars, and he had a vertical scar on his lip near the right corner of his mouth.

Ren felt everyone in the class's eyes on him, so he raised his hand, giving a two-finger salute with a smile

"Now that we've clarified that Ren is a student here, let's move on. Team 8..." Iruka continued to list the teams. Once he was done, the senseis of those teams came and collected their new students—all except for Team Seven, whose sensei still hadn't shown up after three hours.

Ren was sitting on the table in the back of the classroom, meditating quietly. At the same time, Sasuke brooded in his corner while occasionally taking glances at Ren. Sakura was trying to get Sasuke to agree to go on a date with her, and Naruto was impatient as usual and started setting up a prank for the sensei. As Ren was meditating, he suddenly felt the presence of someone approaching and turned his head towards the door. The door opened, and their sensei walked in; he was then hit in the head by a falling eraser that Naruto had set up as a prank.

"My first impression of you all is... I hate you," he said calmly. Ren sweatdropped at this. "Meet me on the roof," he said before he disappeared. Seeing this, they all got up and ran up to the roof.