Zabuza Returns

[Edited: 6/25/24]

Over the next week, Kakashi pushed Ren to his limits. With unwavering determination, Ren wore the chakra weights constantly, engaging in various exercises. Ren never backed down, whether it was tree walking, water walking(which he had already mastered), push-ups, sit-ups, squats, sprints, or intense hand-to-hand combat training with Kakashi. Even in his sleep, the weights remained, a constant reminder of his commitment to getting stronger. By the fourth day, Ren had adapted to the weight, moving with a newfound agility and strength.

'Alright, Ren. It's time to remove the weights,' Kakashi announced his voice firm yet encouraging. He wanted Ren to experience the difference without the weights, to see how far he had come.

Ren nodded and put his hand in the tiger seal, "Release." he said as the chakra weights became lighter until they were back to normal. The relief was immeasurable as Ren started to stretch out his muscles and limbs, feeling the weight lifted off him. He hopped from foot to foot, feeling lighter than ever before. 

He did a few katas and felt faster and stronger than before. Ren then got an idea and went over to a nearby tree and punched it, the wood shattering around his fist and caving in the tree. Ren was surprised by this. Sure, he was strong before, but never this strong.

"You've gotten stronger. Let's see how much faster you've gotten," Kakashi said as he gestured for Ren to fight him. Ren smirked and got into his fighting stance before rushing at Kakashi. Ren charged at Kakashi way faster than before and tried to do a spinning kick to Kakashi's face, but he dodged easily. 

"Seems your speed is at chunin level now," Kakashi said as he went to punch Ren, who blocked with a crossguard. Ren continued to throw punches and kicks at Kakashi, who could block or dodge most of them. After deflecting a punch from Kakashi, redirecting it, and off-balancing his sensei, Ren delivered a full-powered tornado kick to Kakashi's side, which he blocked only to be sent skidding back 10 feet due to the force behind the hit. Kakashi then shook out the arm that he used to block the kick. 

"Ow, that was a strong kick. Your physical strength is well beyond chunin right now. You might be able to rival the great Tsunade's strength one day." Kakashi said proudly, making Ren smile.

"Thank you for training me, sensei," Ren said, bowing to Kakashi.

"Now, now, there's no need to bow. Come on, let's head back for the day. I'd imagine you're pretty hungry." Kakashi said.

"Yes, sensei," Ren said as they returned to the house.

'Zabuza is due to return tomorrow. I'll be ready to face him.' Ren thought determinedly.

~Day of Zabuza's Return~

Team 7, minus Naruto, was heading to the bridge with Tazuna. Naruto wasn't there because the idiot had overslept, so they left him to catch up with them when he woke up. As Team 7 approached the bridge, they noticed the mist getting thicker the closer they got to it. Once they arrived, they saw that all the workers had been knocked unconscious.

"What's going on here?!" Tazuna shouted in surprise and fear.

"Sensei. He's here." Ren said, pointing into the mist where figures could be seen walking towards them.

Kakashi looked to the bridge where Zabuza and the hunter-nin walked out from the mist. "Zabuza."

"Hello, monkey. Ready for round two?" Ten Zabuza water clones formed in front of him. "Ah, man, he's shaking again," Zabuza said, mocking Sasuke, who was indeed shaking.

"I'm shaking from excitement," Sasuke said with a smirk.

"Do it, Sasuke," Kakashi said calmly. Once he said this, Sasuke took off in a blur of speed and reappeared a moment later as all the Water Clones were destroyed.