Coming Home with a Big Ass Sword

[Edited: 6/25/24]

Team 7 was now back on the road, walking back towards Konoha. Ren had returned to wearing the chakra weights and increased their weight as he carried Kubikiribōchō on his back, having gotten an across-the-body holster for it before they left. 

After a lot of walking, the team finally arrived at the Konoha village gates. The team then walked to the sign-in area and saw the eternal gate guards, Izumo and Kotetsu.

"Hey, guys, how was your mission?" Izumo asked, smiling.

"It was good." Ren said, getting a 'hn' from Sasuke, and Sakura nodded in agreement.

"It was awesome!" Naruto yelled out.

"Well, I'm glad you all came back in one piece," Izumo said.

"Wait a second. Is that kid carrying Kubikiribōchō?! One of the Seven Swords of the Mist?! Where did you get it?" Kotetsu asked in surprise and utter shock.

"From Zabuza Momichi, who else," Ren replied simply with a nonchalant shrug.

"You mean to tell me you fought Zabuza Momichi, the Demon of the Bloody Mist?!" Izumo yelled out in surprise, his eyes nearly popping out of his head.

"Yes," Ren said nonchalantly.

"HOLY SHIT!" both Izumo and Kotetsu yelled out in shock, getting Ren to cover his ears.

"If you guys are done talking, we need to report to the Hokage," Kakashi interrupted them before they held Team 7 up any longer from giving the Hokage their report.

"Oh, right. Of course, you are free to enter." Izumo said, calming down as Team 7 walked away. Once they got to the Hokage's office, they gave their reports to him before they were all dismissed. Ren walked home and could tell he was getting stares from people when they saw the giant-ass sword on his back.

'Man, this thing attracts way too much attention.' 

Ren walked into his house and called out for his mom, "Hey, mom. I'm home." he called out as his mother walked out from the kitchen.

His mother was Suyin Kumiho, a beautiful lady with grey hair, dark olive skin, and pistachio-green eyes. Her hair was cut short and only came down to her ears, with a fringe falling to her chin on the right side of her face. Suyin wore a green Chinese-style dress with black forearm bands and a silver metal necklace around her neck.

"Welcome back, sweety. How'd the mission go?" his mother asked.

"It was good. Fought a few ninjas. Saved a village. Normal stuff." Ren said like it was no big deal as he took Kubikiribōchō off his back and leaned it up against the wall.

"Um, sweety? Why do you have a giant sword?" she asked, confused.

"Cause the ninja I fought gave it to me as his successor before dying," Ren said casually.

"Oh, is that all?" his mother said with a sweatdrop.

"I'm going to take a shower," Ren said as he walked up the stairs to the second floor.

"Ok, honey. Dinner will be ready shortly." his mom said before returning to the kitchen.

~

The next day, Ren was at the training ground with his chakra weights on his wrists like usual, doing a workout. Ren was doing one-handed push-ups as he thought back to the battle on the bridge and what Zabuza said to him. He's now the owner of Kubikiribōchō; if he ever wants to use it, he will have to get stronger.

"298... 299... 300!" Ren exclaimed, jumping to his feet. 

"Now that my workouts are done, it's time to work on my Earth Jutsu. That jutsu Kakashi used with the dogs got me thinking. I should probably have a jutsu that lets me track my enemies when my chakra-sense fails me," Ren said as he started to work on a jutsu.