16. The Aftermath

Clayton POV

Waiting around in the waiting room is torture, I haven't even met my daughter yet and I'm already panicking, she needs to be okay, I can't loose her even though I don't know her.

Jade: Where is she?!

I hear that voice and I know it instantly, I turn around and see Jade, I walk over and she looks from the reception desk that's just outside the waiting room.

Jade: Clay?

Clayton: Hey...

She starts crying and I quickly get to her and pull her into a hug.

Clayton: It's okay.

Seeing her after 10 years makes my heart leap with joy, she's still as beautiful as ever.

Jade: Is...she...okay?

Clayton: I honestly don't know, they took her in to a examination room as she needs stitches on her back, I'm so sorry they hurt her.

Jade pulls back and touches my face.

Jade: It's not your fault.

Clayton: It is, if I had known about Maze I would of protected her.

Jade: No don't do this to yourself, it's my fault that I never told you about her, I wanted to I really did but my parents...

I grab her face in my hands.

Clayton: Dad explained everything, I understand more than you know.

Jade: Your dad explained about the man who took Maze, I didn't know who it was who took her because they took her from the school yard.

Clayton: Those people are suppose to protect her!

She smiles and leans into my hands.

Jade: Don't worry I sued them.

I smile.

Clayton: I'm glad.

Jade: I'm still sorry I never told you.

Clayton: I understand why and it's not your fault! I don't hold it against you, I just want to be in my daughters life.

Jade: She knows about you, I always told her our history and old pictures I had of you, she might not recognise you now because you've changed, your hair is longer, you've got tattoos and beard.

I chuckle.

Clayton: I changed a lot when you left. I became a wild boy.