A New Start

It's the end of the events happened, imaginatively, on Sonic the Hedgehog 2 the Movie...

Knuckles greeted the uncommon duo he had recently met, without letting the frown go away from his face. 

He then turned around, looking at that shrine where he had stayed days after days. Before that adventure with the blue hedgehog and the two-tailed fox that Island was all his life. He was feeling something exciting, scary and not totally understandable. His world, after sixteen years, had became way bigger all of a sudden. 

He sighed and sat cross-legged on the soft green grass.

"At least, there are not gonna be troubles for a while now. And with everything we've passed these days... I think nothing will ever be more challenging", he thought

He felt a little more serene now and lied down looking at the sky, peacefully.

On the background, the noise of a bat wings' flap appeared.

Author's note: this scene came to my mind when the va for Knuckles was announced. It was a good day. So, this is what in my opinion Knuckles would probably feel after the imaginatively journey with Sonic and Tails happening in the movie. Of course, it's me, so I just hope we'll see a reference or easter egg about Rouge in the movie related to Knuckles and their dynamic, it would be great! If you want, let me know what you think about the story!