chapter 5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

taeyong and jaehyun walked out of the room, only to see mark hugging a shaking haechan. taeyong wanted to run towards haechan but jaehyun stopped him by grabbing his arms. taeyong turned around angrily and wanted to ask jaehyun what he was doing stopping taeyong from running towards the younger couple and punching mark right in the face but jaehyun pointed towards the direction he wanted to sprint to. taeyong turned his head only to see a heart warming scene. mark was crouching at the left side of haechan, arms still protectively secured around the omega's side. haechan's soft sniffles which was only heard by mark were slowly dying out, making the alpha feel relieved. taeyong smiled. and that made taeyong sure that mark could protect his little brother at all costs. 

once jaehyun and mark got back to the dorms, mark said nothing but walk towards his room. jaehyun sighed at the quiet pure-blooded. mark hasn't talked after an "incident" with the omega, at taeyong's house, in the car, and now back home. mark was the type to go quiet. yes, he is cold, but he does talk to jaehyun about his problems. this is the first time that mark has ever not talked to jaehyun about his problems. jaehyun was worried sick. taeyong also noticed that the alpha was quiet, so he quietly reminded jaehyun to talk to the alpha later when they got home. mark softly closed the doors and sat in the middle of his soft king sized bed. he hid his face into his knees while his long arms wrapped his skinny legs. 

jaehyun quietly entered only to see pitch darkness and a tiny bit of mark. he then stood at the door, quietly observing his younger friend. it was a comfortable silence, for jaehyun to calm down before wanting to talk to the alpha, and for mark was a good time for him to think about what he did. then soft sniffles coming from the younger alpha broke that silence. jaehyun perked up. it was the first time mark actually cried after breaking up with that beta jerk.

"mark! oh fuck..." jaehyun whispered loud enough for mark to hear, and also allowing the black-haired male to break down even more. jaehyun ran towards his younger best friend and crouched down and rested his left elbow on mark's duvet, while his other hand went towards to the back of mark's head, softly patting the silky hair to calm the poor crying alpha down. 

"h-hyung i think i-i messed up.. i-i scared h-haechan.." jaehyun smiled sadly without saying anything, allowing the younger pure-blooded to rant it all out. 

"h-his face.. he was s-so scared.. i-i don't k-know *hiccup* what t-to do h-hyung. i-its just i-i feel so b-bad after letting o-out those p-pheromones that s-scared haechan.." mark said while hiccuping and gulping on his tears. jaehyun's heart smiled, knowing that mark is slowly opening his heart to someone again. jaehyun then stood up and took a seat beside mark's mattress. mark didn't lift his head up, but he knew that jaehyun sat beside him due to the sudden drop of the mattress on his left. 

"mark, i know you feel so bad, and so guilty of scaring haechan. he was scared, and i was pretty sure you were too. but hey, you managed to calm him down. ever since that asshole beta broke your heart, you never calm anyone down. but you did it today. and mark? i am super proud of you. don't let today's incident get to you. you, mark lee are much stronger than that." jaehyun said, while attemping to comfort the alpha next to him. mark's cries softly died down, but his head was still hanging low in his knees. jaehyun smiled and continued. 

"do you know, when i first met taeyong. we had the same experience. it was in maths class," jaehyun said while laughing, remembering how he and his mate met. "i was that frustrated. it was this math question, and taeyong was the new kiddo sitting next to me. then i letted my pheromones, and scared taeyong so badly, he started shaking and breathing heavily. i panicked and i quickly went to his side and hugged him. the teacher was shocked. oh god, you should have seen her face mark!" jaehyun laughed out while mark softly giggled. jaehyun then softened his gaze after seeing that his best friend was now looking at him. mark's eyes were gleaming due to the tears he was sheding and his cheeks showing an obvious amount of pink under the shimmering moonlight. 

"i had the exact same feeling you had just now mark. and the only thing to do, is to actually not lose control. control is something i learnt after 2 years in rut. i would just lock myself up, not go near any omegas or betas. your method can be different but the main point i am trying to say here is that it is very dangerous mark. to you, to your future mate.. but once you learnt how to control yourself, then you will be fine, i can swear to you. but for now.. you just need to calm down and forget about what happened just now, okay mark?" jaehyun asked. mark nodded slowly before croaking out.

"hyung, can we get a drink?" jaehyun smiled before nodding at his younger best friend. he was happy that his younger best friend was finally back to his childish side, earning a small laugh from mark. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im back <3 enjoy this update tbh i need to read more to improve my whole writing skills ;-;

-simz