Prologue

" I didn't want to fall in love, not at all

" I didn't want to fall in love, not at all. But at some point you smiled, and, holy shit, I blew it. "

"Pst"

"Pst"

I roll my eyes, irritated that some kid broke my focus and made me forget what I was multiplying. I look at my solution again at the math question I was doing, and just as I was about to solve it, the voice was there again.

"Pssssssssst"

I practically slammed my pencil and turn behind me, to glare at the other person taking the entrance exam with me. His brown eyes peeked from under his dark, brunette bangs. His grey hoodie almost fell off the back of his head.

I notced he was shaking his leg and he bit his lip. I could tell that he was anxious.

"What?!" I whisper, looking over to the proctor in front of us, who was leaned back on his chair asleep and then back to him. Thank God he was asleep.

"Do you have an extra pencil?" He asks, his eyes hopeful. I look down at his half-filled paper and I can't help but feel sorry because his pencil broke off in the middle of finishing the exam. I finally understand why he was bugging me for the past 5 minutes. Can't really answer an exam if you can't write.

"I don't. But I'll give you mine when I'm done" I say and turn away just in time as the proctor wakes up. He looks around forgetting what was happening, but composed himself when he realized he was supposed to be supervising the exam. He fixed his glasses and looked at me.

"You guys didn't cheat did you?"

Is he serious?

"No, sir" I reply, and hurry to finish the last test item. I want to give this guy my pencil at least 15 minutes before time is up. I can't help but think if I was in his shoes, my pencil breaking in the middle of an important exam.

"20 more minutes" he says, yawning as he glances at the wall clock. It didn't take long for him to doze off again and lean back on his chair.

I look down at my paper, satisfied after writing in my solutions. I go over my answers again before standing up and grabbing my bag from the floor. I place the papers on the table which wakes the proctor up. He clears his throat and examines my papers, flicking through every one before nodding in satisfaction.

"We will e-mail you the results in a week. Have a good day" He says, glancing at the boy behind me before dozing off for the third time now. He crossed his arms and leaned his head back on his chair.

I bow and thank him. I swiftly turn around to approach the boy who was looking at me desperately. I give him a warm smile before handing him my pencil.

"Thank you so much" He thanked. "You're my saviour"

I giggle. "It's just a pencil" I reply before walking out of the classroom.

It was a bit cold outside the school, and I hug my sweater closer to my body. The sky was a beautiful baby blue, and it was a breezy day today. I look again on both sides of the road, to see if my best friend, Jimin,  was coming. He had dropped me off and is picking me up too. He's actually, the best friend anyone will ever need.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I flinch. I turn around to see the guy from earlier, holding out my pencil.

"Thank you for letting me borrow this. I would have failed that exam if it wasn't for you" He smiles shyly again, somehow making my heart skip a beat this time. I shake my head and push his hand back gently.

"Keep it, you might need it again when classes begin" I joke. He chuckles lightly, and the spring wind blows his chestnut brown hair gently, revealing to me his bright smile once again. We spend a few seconds just looking at each other.

"If you insist" He says before a black, sleek car pulls up in front of us. It's not Jimin so it must be his ride. He turns to me, scratching the back of his neck.

"I won't forget today. And I'll see you when classes begin" He gives me a small wave and then opens the passenger door.

"That's if you pass the exam" I joke again.

"Well, I know I did because of the lucky pencil you gave me" He waves the pencil I gave him. He gives me a wink and then next thing I know, he had already left in his black car. All I had left was his lingering presence beside me, and the sound of his deep, husky voice chuckling.

I smile and bite my lip, remembering how my heart fluttered when I caught his smile. I just realized I hadn't gotten his name. I was too busy staring like a creep to speak up and ask about him.

"What are you smiling at, weirdo?"

A voice interrupts my thoughts. I see Jimin pulled up in front of me with the window down. I giggle as I hurriedly opened the door and hopped in his car. He made sure I fastened my seatbelt before driving.

"I could care less about the exam. Now the real question is what has gotten you smiling like that?"

I blush a little. "More like who" I mumble, remembering the bright smile he gave me.

"What?" Jimin glances for a split second before keeping his eyes n the road again.

"Nothing. Just glad I had a lucky pencil" I bite my lip before looking out the window, and smiling to myself.