six

" Dear Cupid, next time, hit both "

" Dear Cupid,
next time, hit both "

" Dear Cupid, next time, hit both "

T A E H Y U N G

"I love you, Tae. And I hate that you can't see it"

I look in her eyes, and I look for any sign that she was lying. But I can't. How can those beautiful, sad eyes ever dare to tell me something untrue. She must have endured this for so long.

"I-I.." I speak, but I can't find the words to. She bites her lip and shakes her head. She looks down at her fingers, which she was fumbling around. Something she does when she's nervous.

"I love you, but you weren't able to notice that when we weren't talking to each other. I missed my best friend so much, but you didn't even care"

"W-what?" I ask, super confused right now. So, she loves me as a best friend?

"I love you, you're my best friend. And I'm hurt you didn't care to check up on me the past week"

My heart rate was skyrocketing at this point. I thought she loves me, the same way I love her. I was ready to kiss her, to feel her, to hold her close. But yet again, she only loves me as a best friend.

This girl, had already stolen my heart the second she gave me her pencil with a warm smile.

And watching her feel the breeze outside the day we took the exam, she looked so beautiful smiling and feeling the wind on her cheeks.

I remember the day I gave her the pencil back, but also how she completely disregarded what I felt for her. It just hit 2 years since we both knew each other, and it was on her birthday I made the secret letter.

~

I place the pencil in a red envelope, a small rose and the letter I wrote her last night. I go over it one last time.

Hey Ave,

Happy birthday. Let me start off by saying thank you, your lucky pencil has brought me so far now and everytime I look at it, I remember your sweet smile that day. But now it's time to return the pencil because I realized, that it wasn't the pencil that has brought me the best luck in my life, but you.