Chapter 1

(Dipper pov)

"Perfection, you are nothing if you aren't perfect! Perfection is the only fucking thing in this damn marriage that matters!"

"I-I'm trying, I promise I will be better!"

"No! You can't just fucking be better you have to be fucking perfect you worthless shit!"

I get pulled out of my thought of yesterday's argument as the bacon finishes cooking. I put the bacon on the plate along with his pancakes and eggs then pour coffee into his favorite mug. I set the plate and the mug on the silver tray and put the utensils on the plate, making sure they are perfectly straight just like he wants. Carefully and quietly I carry the tray to his room, making sure not to make a single sound as I open his door and see him laid out on the bed snoring. Silently I set the tray on his nightstand then make my way silently across the carpet to his closet.

Silently opening the door I walk into the closet, picking out his outfit for the day and perfectly lay it out on his desk chair, making sure everything is perfectily symmetrical. It has to be absolutely perfect or else he will be mad. I jump a bit as his alarm goes off loudly. He groans as he wakes up turning the alarm off. He sits up rubbing his eyes as I go over and put the tray on his lap. He picks up the coffe cup and drinks it before even looking up at me with his usual smile. "Good morning Mason."

"Morning James. I laid out your clothes for work and I hope breakfeast is to your liking."

"It is absolutely perfect." He gently grabs my arm pulling me down next to him. "Just like you." He genlty brushes some hair behind my ear. "I love you, Mason Pines."

"I know you do."

"Good." He starts eating his food. "Did you give your boss that letter of resignation like we talked about?"

"Yes, I gave it to him yesterday before work and was able to get home early."

"Too bad you didn't do anything about the house chores since you just sat on your lazy ass for hours when I got home yesterday."

"I am sorry about that. I will be perfect like you deserve."

"Terrific. We got any plans today?"

"My friend Pacifica is getting married, you said we could go to her wedding this afternoon."

"Right. I will be home around 12, have all the chores done and be ready before then so we won't waste time." He gently rubs a dark bruise on my arm. I try my hardest not to wince. "Make sure to wear something with long sleeves. I don't want your friend to doubt my love for you or think out relationship is anything less than perfect."

"Of course James."

"Good." He kisses my cheek before he sets the tray in my hands. Standing up I bring the tray to the kitchen and start washing the dishes.

He comes into the kitchen and grabs my wrist as I am cleaning a pan, his grip hurting a bit but I don't let him know that. "Remember, wash clockwise so it gets everything off and makes it perfect. I will know if you don't do it right." He lets go before pulling on his jacket and picking up his briefcase. The minute he's out the door I feel my whole body finally ease up.

Setting the sponge and pan down I finally sink down to my knees tears stinging my eyes and a scream of anguish and frustration building inside of me. I quickly put a hand over my mouth to muffle my scream and my sobs. This is the only time during the day that I am allowed to express myself without the worry of James getting angry at me for not being perfect like he demands. It is hard to be what he needs, someone perfect, hard to only allow myself to cry and scream when he leaves and even then I have to be silent but I have to do this. He has no one in his life, no friends or family. He needs me. I have known him since middle school. I am all he has, I can't just abandon him no matter how hard this is. I just have to push through and be perfection like he needs.