14

We had just gotten to Bryce's house. I was honestly so nervous. I hadn't been back here in a long time, but I was just glad that I had Parker by my side to go with me. I knew that Jaden would probably be here, and I knew he would not want to see me.

Parker held my hand tight, "Just take a deep breath and relax El. You're finally back home."

I tried to take a deep breath and relax, "I know, but I just can't help but feel nervous."

He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head, "You will be fine babe I promise. I will be right here beside you the whole time."

I smiled, "What would I ever do without you?"

He smiled and shrugged, "I have absolutely no idea."

I then opened the front door, and shouted, "GUYS I'M HOME!"

Immediately Bryce came running into the entry way, hugging me tight, "Finally! I missed you so much!"

I smiled hugging him tight, "I miss you too!"

Bryce finally let me go before dapping Parker up, "Hey man, you better be treating my sister right."

Parker laughed, "I try my best but she can be a real pain in the ass."

Bryce nodded in agreement, "Yeah I'm sure she is."

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head at them, "You guys are both big pain in the asses."

They both shook their heads.

That's when Bryce saw the ring, and he gasped, "Um is there something that you need to tell me?"

Parker and I looked at each other and smiled, and I held out my hand, "Uh yeah. Parker and I got engaged. I just hadn't said anything because I wanted to tell you in person."

Bryce hugged me, "Congrats baby sis. I'm happy for you guys. That's amazing, but have you told Jaden?"

I looked down, and shook my head, "No. I wanted to tell him in person as well, but I don't know if I should exactly tell him now."

Bryce nodded, "Yeah I get that but you better tell him before someone else finds out and tells him or he finds out over social media."

I nodded, "Yeah you're right. Is he here?"

Bryce nodded, "Yeah I think he is up in his room."

I turned towards Parker, "I think I am going to go try to talk to him."

Parker kissed my forehead, "Ok baby. I'm here if you need me."

I walked upstairs towards the room Jaden and I once shared, and knocked on the closed door and got no answer. I opened the door, "Jaden," the room was dark and it reeked of weed and alcohol.

He groaned, "What do you want?"

I looked down, "I just wanted to talk to you."

He stood up from the edge of the bed where he had been sitting, "About what?"

I took a deep breath, "I wanted to see how you were doing."

He scoffed, "That's a bunch of fucking bullshit. You and I both know you're only hear because no one else could get through to me so you feel obligated to try to talk to me and get me to stop. But it's not going to fucking work. You can't fix me. That's the fucking problem with you, you think that you can fix everything and that the whole fucking world revolves around you, but guess what, it doesn't. You don't actually care about me, you just blame yourself for what's happening to me and that's the only fucking reason you are here. You never actually fucking cared about me. You were never happy with me. I was never enough for you. You couldn't wait for me to screw up again so that you could go and find something better."