16

We were finally back home, and Parker told me he needed to talk to me. I honestly had no idea what he wanted to talk to me about.

Parker sighed, looking down, "I think we need to go out separate ways."

I looked down, "What do you mean? Why do you think that?"

Parker took my hand in his, "Because if I don't let you go then you will never be truly happy. You don't love me the same way that you love Jaden. You deserve to be with someone that you are truly happy with. I will always be there for you whenever you need someone but I know we don't belong together. You belong with Jaden. I've seen the way he looks at you, and he loves you more than anything. But you should do what you think is the right thing and not what you think is easier."

I felt tears roll down my cheeks, as I looked down at the ring on my finger, "You really are the most selfless guy that I have ever met Parker. I really am glad that I had the chance of knowing you, and I hope we can always be friends. I know that you still love Hallie too. I will always be here for you if you need anything at all."

He pulled me into a hug, "Same goes for you. I'm not going anywhere."

I smiled, sliding the ring off my finger, "I'm sure you want this back."

He shook his head, "No I don't need it. You keep it."

I look at him confused, "But I'm sure this cost a lot of money."

He nodded, "Yeah but I don't have a purpose for it. It was designed for you. It's yours and I want you to keep it."

I smiled, and kissed his cheek, "You are one amazing guy Parker, and any girl would be lucky to have you. Now go get your girl."

He smiled, "I will."

We hugged and said our goodbyes, then I went up to my room to find Jaden sitting on the bed, "Oh hey Jae what's up?"

He shrugged, "Just wanted to see you and talk to you."

I took a seat next to him on the bed, and laid my head on his shoulder, "I really missed you. I don't ever want to be without you again. I need you in my life Jae. You keep me sane. I just can't help but have these thoughts that you might leave me for someone else again."

He took my hand in his, "I'm not going to screw things up this time around. I fucked up way too many times. I won't put myself in a position to lose you ever again. I hate myself every day for putting you through what I put you through. If I could take it all back I would, but I can't. I'm just lucky that you have even given me another chance. Being apart from you and seeing you with someone else made me realize how much I need you in my life. Things just were never the same without you. You are my voice of reason when I need help with something, and without you there to help me I spiraled out of control."

I pulled him into a hug, "Jaden, you and I have been through way too much together to just give up on us. You are my person, and I know that now. I have never wanted something to work more than I want us to work."

He held me tight and kissed the top of my head, "I'm glad you and I are on the same page now."

I nodded, "Parker and I did end things."

He frowned, "I'm sorry. He's actually a really great guy. I can see why you liked him."

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah. He could tell how much you loved me and how much I loved you. He just wanted me to be happy, and he knew I would never truly be happy with him."

He kissed the top of my head, "So that means, you're all mine?"

I smiled and nodded, "Yes Jaden. I am all yours."

He smiled, "So can we have a date night, but just stay in, just the two of us?"

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah we can."

He smiled and kissed my head, "Ok good. We have a lot to talk about..."

I looked at him confused, "What do you mean?"

He looked down, "I just have a lot that I want to tell you about because I want you to know."

I held his hand in mine, "Tell me what's bugging you Jae."

He sighed, "After you left, I just didn't know what to do to try to ease the pain. That's why I turned to drugs and alcohol. Because it made me forget everything and made me feel numb for a short amount of time. I just didn't know how else to deal with it. I hated myself even more for being so stupid to believe that Nessa just wanted to talk to me, and that was why she was even up here that day you walked in on us. She told me she needed to talk to me about something with Josh. I should have known better. She knew you would be coming home soon, and she knew we had plans that night. I never kissed her Ellie. She kissed me. I just wanted to tell you the truth about what actually happened that day since I never actually got the chance to tell you. But it's fine if you don't believe me."

Jaden now looked up at me with tears rolling down his face, and it made my heart break seeing him like this. I cupped his face, "Jae, I believe you. I never even gave you a chance to try to explain yourself or hear you out. I just automatically assumed you had been the one to kiss her, and I just needed to get out of there as fast as I could. It was completely wrong of me to not give you a chance to talk and tell me your side of things first before assuming that you were cheating. If I would have just listened to you maybe then we wouldn't have went through what we went through. We would be stronger than ever if we had just sat down and talked. I'm so stubborn that I just don't ever want to hear other people out and hear what they have to say. I always want to believe that I'm right. I really hurt you and I can never forgive myself for that Jae." I now had tears rolling down my cheeks.

Jaden wiped my tears away, "You had every right to react the way that you did, considering the way I have acted and treated you in the past. I've fucked up so many times, and you have always still loved me and taken me back even though I definitely don't deserve it. You truly are the most amazing person that I have ever met. I promise you this time we will make things work and I won't fuck things up this time. I owe that to you. You deserve the best, and I plan on giving that to you. I promise you that I will not fuck things up this time."

I smiled kissing his cheek, "You truly are one of a kind Jae. There is just something that keeps pulling me and you back together. I think it is just the universe's way of telling us that we are meant to be together."

He smiled and nodded, "Yeah I agree with you on that one. I don't ever want to live another day without you being mine, so will you be my girlfriend?"

I looked down, I didn't know what to say. Should I let him back in this easy? Was this happening all too fast? Were we actually ready for this? I finally spoke, "Jaden, I... uh... don't you think this is all happening a little too fast? Don't you think maybe we should take things slow?"

He looked down, "Oh uh... yeah we should. I'm sorry for trying to rush things."

I kissed his cheek, "It's okay Jae. I think we just need some time to just take things slow and easy."

He smiled and nodded, "Yeah I agree."

We spent the rest of the night cuddling and watching tv. It felt so great just being there with him again. I really missed being around him. I felt at peace being  with him. He was my home.